About this Event
We are delighted to announce that you can now register for the Irish District Energy Association (IrDEA) Annual Conference 2023!
Join us for an enlightening and engaging event where professionals, experts, and enthusiasts gather to explore the latest advancements, trends and opportunities in the district heating sector in Ireland and abroad.
- Date: Thursday, 26th October 2023
- Time: 08:30am - 4:30pm
- Location & Format: Camden Court Hotel, Dublin City Centre. Fully in-person event.
The IrDEA Annual Conference 2023 is a must-attend event for anyone interested in district heating and its vital role in transforming Ireland's heating sector to low-carbon. This year's conference will bring together industry leaders, policymakers, researchers, energy sector representatives, and public bodies - among others - to share insights, foster collaborations, and drive innovation within the Irish district heating landscape.
- Keynote Address from the Minister for the Environment, Climate and Communications, Eamon Ryan TD.
- Thought-Provoking Presentations: Gain valuable insights from renowned experts in district heating who will address the current challenges, trends, and opportunities shaping the industry.
- Engaging Panel Discussions: Participate in lively panel discussions featuring industry pioneers, researchers, and policymakers, where they will discuss the latest advancements, policy frameworks, and best practices in the field of district heating.
- Technical Aspects and Case Studies: Delve into the technical aspects of district heating and learn about cutting-edge technologies, innovative solutions, and successful case studies from across Ireland and beyond.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of professionals, including district heating practitioners, government bodies, local authority staff and other public bodies, energy sector representatives, and researchers, to expand your professional network and explore potential collaborations.
We have a great range of speakers planned, with more being added to the line-up. Speakers to date include:
- Keynote Adddres: Eamon Ryan TD, Minister for the
- Barry Quinlan,
- Margie McCarthy,
- Yvonne Murphy,
- John O'Shea,
- Rita Gnehm,
- Brian Keville,
- James Enright,
Who Should Attend:
The IrDEA Annual Conference 2023 is designed for professionals and organisations involved or interested in district heating, including but not limited to:
- Energy providers and utilities
- Government representatives and policymakers
- Local authority staff and other public bodies
- Engineers, architects, and urban planners
- Energy consultants and researchers
- Technology providers and equipment manufacturers
- Sustainable development organisations
- Financial institutions and investors
- Students and academia
Join us at the Irish District Energy Association Annual Conference 2023 and be part of the transformative conversations, knowledge exchange, and collaborative initiatives that will shape the future of the low-carbon heating sector Ireland towards 2030 and beyond.
Early-bird tickets are now on sale and last year's conference was sold out, so be sure to secure your spot today!
Please note that if your organisation is unable to use card payment via Eventbrite to purchase tickets, as an alternative please email [email protected] and we can raise an invoice.
Please note that photographs will be taken during the conference and some photos may be published publicly on social media, websites, etc.
This event is kindly supported by:
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities and associating your brand with Ireland's leading district heating event, please download our sponsorship pack .
District energy systems are utilised widely across European cities and towns to deliver low-carbon, low-cost heating and cooling to homes and businesses. District energy systems allow integration of any and all sources of heat; it is fuel and technology agnostic, meaning it supports the implementation of heat from all renewable and low- carbon sources. There is currently enough excess heat in Ireland to meet over 50% of our heating demands, and this figure is growing with increased industrial activity. This is why district heating is so important for the future of the Irish energy system and the Irish District Energy Association (IrDEA) is here to make it happen.
Dr David Connolly is founder and Chair of IrDEA and led the Heat Roadmap Europe project, which has been one of the most influential EU projects in the district heating sector. Donna Gartland is a founder and Director of the Board of IrDEA and is CEO at Dublin’s energy agency Codema, where she notably helped to secure almost €25 million in total for the Docklands District Heating System and the Tallaght District Heating Scheme through the Climate Action Fund. Yvonne Murphy is the first CEO of IrDEA and has over 15 years experience working in policy and advocacy across academic, political, non-profit and private sector.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Camden Court Hotel, Camden Street Lower, Dublin, Ireland
EUR 250.00 to EUR 325.00