About this Event
This workshop is to help Bristol’s night time businesses to create and implement a mental health policy to take care of you and your team.
Facilitated by NAOS, this interactive workshop will guide you through the essential components of a mental health and wellbeing policy, specifically for businesses who operate between 6pm and 6am.
- What do we mean by mental health and wellbeing?
- Creating a Mental Health and Wellbeing Policy
- What does a policy need to contain
- How to communicate to your team
- Becoming a compassionate leader
- Five ways of wellbeing, and how to integrate these into your workplace
You will walk away from this session with a framework relevant to your own business on how to get started on creating a mental health and wellbeing policy.
This is a hands-on session. By the end of this session we participants will
- Identify the topics your mental health and wellbeing policy needs to contain
- Have a draft plan to communicate the policy
- Walk away with tools to monitor and evaluate the policy
- Learn communication techniques for addressing mental health and wellbeing of your teams.
Thrive at Night
Thrive At Night has been developed by Bristol Nights and the public health team at Bristol City Council, alongside intersectional mental health consultancy NAOS. Inspired by conversations of night workers, managers and business operators who took the time to share their experiences through 1:1 interviews and a round table on 'mental health in the night time economy' hosted by Bristol Nights in October 2022. We have taken the time to reflect on our conversations with the sector for a truly representative picture on the needs of Bristol's Night Workers and the challenges we face.
It’s clear that mental health and wellbeing is a priority for our sector.
Current mental health and wellbeing resources, advice and access to NHS services can create barriers for night time workers, they are often available at inaccessible times, and in some cases feature insensitive or impractical advice for those who work from 6pm-6am.
Thrive At Night is a range of resources to help guide night time businesses through the journey of creating more mentally healthy workplaces, and help create compassionate leaders to better look after their teams.
For more information, visit www.bristolnights.co.uk/thrive-at-night
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Old Market Assembly, 25 West Street, Bristol, United Kingdom