About this Event
Calling all dance, fitness, and yoga instructors! Rae Studios is now casting for our new season of in-studio and/or online classes. The next season is January 1st, 2022-March 31st, 2022. Applications are accepted until Friday, November 26th.
- Fill out an official application on our website: Apply to teach at Rae Studios
- Send an email to [email protected] with your general teaching availability for Jan 2022 through Mar 2022 and to request a 20-minute demo slot (if you are interested in teaching in more than one class style/format/genre, please indicate in your email). Please send as many options for demos as spots will fill up.
- Prepare your 15-minute demo and 5-minute Q&A with the management team.
- Arrive early for your demo.
- After the demo process, the management team will deliberate and send a follow-up email. To those that are accepted, plan to start teaching early as January 1st.
Date/Time: Demos will be held on during the following times. Please email [email protected] your availability for the demo. If you are not available during these times, please send an email to [email protected] and let them know time constraints and availability.
- Monday, November 29th, 2021 10am-4pm PT
- Wednesday, December 1st, 2021 10am-4pm PT
- Friday, December 3rd, 2021 10am-4pm PT
Location: All demos will be in-person at Rae Studios
- 414 Mason St. 705, San Francisco, CA 94102
What we are looking for:
Our demos are 15 minutes each with the management team as your students, who will be evaluating you on:
- Class flow
- General instruction
- Vocal projection
- Attention to modifications (through injury or for beginners)
- Interaction with students
In the 15-minutes, you will do a general warm-up, short teaching sequence, and possibly a short cool-down. The purpose is for us to get a sense of how you are in a normal class. Think of this as a truncated version of a full 60-minute class. After the 15 minute demo, the management team will ask you questions about your class.
General teaching slots available:
Classes are generally 45-75 minutes depending on the class. Our weekly open classes are held during these times:
- Monday-Friday 7am-10am (Morning class)
- Monday-Friday 11am-1pm (Lunch class)
- Monday-Friday 5pm-9pm (Evening class)
- Saturday-Sunday 9am-1pm (Weekend class)
List of general class formats we've had or are looking for:
- General Group Fitness class
- Upper Body Strengthening
- Lower Body Strengthening
- Express Abs
- General Yoga class
- Vinyasa Flow
- Yin Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Yoga Flow
- General Cardio Dance class
- Cardio Fusion
- Cardio Jam
- General Dance Technique/Choreography class
- Hip Hop
- Yoga Flow
- Ballroom/Social Dance
We're also open to other formats not listed above.
Learn more about Rae Studios:
Founded in 2012, Rae Studios is a dance & fitness center, overlooking San Francisco's Union Square. The studio is located on the 7th floor of the Native Sons of Golden West building, a historic preservation and organization founded in 1875. With wall-to-wall mirrors, high ceilings, stretch bars, state-of-the-art sound system and our electrifying in house dance & fitness instructors, Rae Studios is the perfect solution for group and one-on-one training exercise.
Rae Studios combines classes to encourage and strengthen a dancer's fundamentals along with strength and flexibility training. With our variety of classes offered, we appeal to our local SF students whose goals range from gaining fitness stamina, to dancing in high-intensity cardio dance, to perfecting their dance technique.
We offer 40+ classes available for both in-studio and online livestream for anyone on the go. Learn from instructors and choreographers from around the world. Choose from classes like ballet, barre, BollyX, cardio kickboxing, contemporary, dancehall, hip hop, jazz funk, K-pop, twerk, yoga, Zumba, and so much more.
OUR MISSION is to merge the ideologies of popular dance culture by BRIDGING fitness gym and traditional dance studio mentality into a place that WELCOMES ALL LEVELS of dance & fitness in a healthy, progressive environment. OUR GOAL is to provide San Francisco dance seekers with COMMUNITY, growth, and participation through ARTISTIC outlets of MUSIC + MOVEMENT. Our culture is simple; create a space for DANCE and community to THRIVE, water the roots of our PASSION, fuel our DREAMS by action, and INSPIRE others to do the same.
More Than Movement Committee
At Rae Studios, we believe to be a dancer is to be an artist of movement. To be a teacher is to be an uplifter. Not just in our bodies and in our spirits, but in our communities as well. Becoming a leader on and off the floor begins with educating ourselves. Our professional development program provides various opportunities for Rae Studios instructors and staff to grow their artistry, leadership, social advocacy, teaching skills, and knowledge of dance history and culture.
Learn more about our committee here.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
RAE Studios, 414 Mason Street Suite 705, San Francisco, United States