About this Event
Disordered eating and body image issues impact our church members and community daily. A staggering statistic cites that 42% of 1st – 3rd graders want to be thinner and over half of women are dissatisfied with their bodies. We live in a world that idealizes thinness over the powerful truth that ALL bodies are good and we are beautifully crafted and created.
As people who believe we are made in God’s image, how should we respond and help others heal and find freedom?
Join Rock Recovery and National Community Church for an empowering and engaging discussion on how we can live fully embodied lives free from body image and food concerns.
- 10:00 – 10:30 AM - Registration and light refreshments
- 10:30 – 12:00 PM – Presentation and group discussion
Discussion topics will include:
- Exploring a Christian Understanding of Body Image
- Disordered Eating 101 – How body image and dieting play a role in the development of disordered eating and signs and symptoms to watch for
- What Now? How to effectively intervene to help your church body develop a healthy identity in Christ
- Testimonials and Q & A sessions
- Christie Dondero Bettwy – Executive Director
- Heather Clark, LCPC, LPC - Clinical Director
About Rock Recovery:
Rock Recovery is an Arlington, VA nonprofit that supports the journey to freedom from disordered eating by bridging gaps in treatment and education and removing barriers of cost, accessibility, and isolation. Our holistic and affordable clinical recovery programs successfully help adults and adolescents of all genders by providing group meals, group psychotherapy, mentor matching, individual goal-setting meetings and optional chaplaincy and spiritual support services. We believe that complete freedom from disordered eating is possible, and our doors are open to all who wish to partake in their journey to freedom with us.
National Community Church (NCC) is a community of people that believes in the power of God-given dreams. The church believes that NCC is a dream-factory where people get a vision from God and go for it! NCC leaders and members want to be a part of the personal dream God has given His people, and all are invited to be a part of the corporate dreams God has given us.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Capital Turnaround, 770 M St SE, Washington, United States