About this Event
During the Civil War, the Lincoln family called the Cottage home. On September 17, 2022, we welcome everyone to enjoy the grounds as the Lincoln family did with a full day of racing and family fun activities at Homecoming!
Schedule for the Day
7:30 AM -Freedom 5K registration opens
9 AM- The day kicks off with a quick warmup from Lighthouse Yoga and our annual Freedom 5K race. Race registration is separate - register to run or walk the Freedom 5K here.
10 AM - Tot Dash: 100-foot Tot Dash for FREE following the 5K race. Register below.
10 AM - 3 PM: Homecoming continues with Family Day activities, FREE for all:
- Arts and Crafts: Make a leadership tapestry, compete in our garden bingo, and create your own top hat!
- Social Studies: Nurture social and emotional skills through interactive storytelling, hands-on activities, and reflection in our engaging Social Studies programming for young learners.
- Pony Rides & Petting Zoo: It's no secret Tad Lincoln loved keeping pets on the grounds. Don't let this chance slip by to ride a pony on Lincoln's back lawn or encounter another amazing creature!
- Picnic on the Grounds: Pack your own picnic and enjoy lunch at the picnic tables or on the spacious South Lawn.
- Tour the Cottage: Take a guided tour of the Lincoln family's seasonal retreat. Regular ticket prices apply; visit our tickets page to purchase in advance. The first tour begins at 11 AM; last tour at 3 PM.
3PM - 6PM - concert on our South Lawn, FREE for all. Register below.
- Family-friendly music featuring Corcoran Holt with opening set by Baba Ras D
If you would like to take a tour of the Cottage, we strongly recommend purchasing Cottage Tour tickets in advance. Your Homecoming registration does not include a Cottage Tour ticket.
Safety & General Information
Family Day activities, sponsored by President Lincoln’s Cottage, are FREE unless otherwise noted, and are open to the public. Event program and schedule subject to change.
Visitors three years and older are required to wear face masks while indoors. Family activities, the 5K race, and the jazz concert will take place outside on the grounds of President Lincoln's Cottage. When possible staff and visitors will maintain 6-feet of social distancing to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure.
Armed Forces Retirement Home
President Lincoln’s Cottage is on the grounds of the Armed Forces Retirement Home. Security for the Armed Forces Retirement Home requires visitors to show valid identification at the security gate in order to enter the property. Please be prepared to show your ID.
Exploring beyond the boundaries of President Lincoln's Cottage is not permitted and results in trespassing on federal property.
Pets are not allowed on the grounds.
Please note that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Choosing to visit President Lincoln’s Cottage, you voluntarily assume all risks related to COVID-19 exposure. By completing this transaction, you agree to wear a mask at all times while indoors and on request of staff or volunteers, maintain social distancing, and observe all posted guidelines. More information and details about our safety guidelines are available on our website.
All events are considered public events for the purpose of photography and video.
Contact President Lincoln’s Cottage with any questions at 202-829-0436 or [email protected]
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
President Lincoln's Cottage, 140 Rock Creek Church Road Northwest, Washington, United States