About this Event
Come for a guided walk in the beautiful Onkaparinga National Park. Get spectacular views over the gorge before dropping down to the river to explore along it and even go for a swim if you're up for it.
After the walk we'll provide a healthy picnic lunch before we take you on a tour around the McLaren Vale region, first to a Winery, then to boutique Brewery & finally to a local Gin Distillery.
You won't have to think about anything, we'll pick you up in Adelaide at your selected location and drop you back at the end of the day. Just come along, relax and enjoy a day out with other adventurers.
Date: Sunday 12 November
Meeting Time: 8am (or time detailed for your pickup location)
Location: Adelaide Railway Station or one of our pick up locations along the way
Activities: Approx 12km hike & a tasting at boutique style Winery, Brewery & Gin Distillery
Difficulty: Moderate hike
- An experienced guide & outdoor lover from The Local Adventure Company to drive the van, facilitate the day and guide the hike
- All transport from Adelaide to Onkaparinga National Park & tasting tour
- Tastings at boutique style Brewery, Winery & Gin Distillery
- A tasting at each location
- A healthy lunch & snack, sustainably sourced and suitable for any dietary requirements
- A cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate on the trail
- All national park registrations
- Access to The Local Adventure Company participant community group
What to bring:
- Active wear to wear on the hike
- Hiking boots/shoes or trail runners (you can wear regular runners if that's all you have, just remember it could be a bit slippery if it is wet)
- Swimmers if you want to swim in the gorge
- A warm layer to wear when we have breaks
- A rain jacket
- A change of clothes for after the walk
- Any Medic*tion you might require
What your guides will bring:
- A first aid kit and remote or wilderness first aid training (we are not able to hand out any Medic*tion so please bring your own)
- Hot drinks & cups
- Lunch & snacks
Once you have booked, please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions. We will be in contact with all of the details in the week before the event.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Adelaide Railway Station, North Terrace, Adelaide, Australia