About this Event
We are very excited to share our Secret Birmingham - Heritage Cycle Routes and invite you all to join us on a family friendly led ride ride exploring the Cadbury Route for Heritage Week. This is your chance to discover local green spaces, bike friendly cycle routes and learn about some of Birmingham’s hidden heritage sites along the way.
Sunday 19th September – 10am
We will meet on Bournville Village Green, outside The Rest House leaving promptly at 10am. The ride will be approx 7 miles round trip, a traffic-free route mostly off-road using cycle paths and parks with a few small roads to link up the route. Led by qualified ride leaders, starting in Bournville and finishing in Cotteridge Park, opportunity for children to have a play in the park, toilets and refreshments available at The Shed.
This ride is suitable for all the family, all people-powered transport is welcome including bikes, scooters, e-bikes and trailers, recommended for ages 5 years plus. Booking is essential on all our rides for health and safety purposes.
We will be exploring part of the CADBURY ROUTE – Mostly traffic free, taking you through some fantastic green spaces as well as discovering local heritage points including Bournville Village, Selly Manor, Northfield Library, Kings Norton Grammar School and finishing at Cotteridge Park where you can learn more about the huge rocks at the top of the hill and how they got there.
As on all our group rides the pace will be gentle, we will go at the pace of the slowest rider and participants are free to stop for a rest if they need to. Nobody will get left behind.
There will be opportunities to stop and appreciate the greenspaces and places for children to stop and have a break if needed.
If you would like to join us midway on the route to shorten the distance for little legs, see below options alternative meeting points.
• Bournville Village Green – 10am (7miles)
• Victoria Common, play area – 10.30am (5miles)
• King Norton Park, Car Park entrance – 11.15am (2.5miles)
Please let us know where you will meet us at time of booking.
Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult, you will need to have your own bike and helmet to take part in the ride.
Booking is essential for health and safety reasons. If you are booking for more than one person please add the correct number of tickets to your cart and tell us the names of all attendees in the booking form including children.
We hope you have fun exploring Birmingham and its heritage secrets by bike. Please share any pictures with us on social media @ecobirmingham using #BrumByBike
* More information about our Secret Birmingham Heritage Cycle Routes and links to view the all the routes can be found on our website HERE.
*By registering for this event you agree that:
- You agree to act responsibly and adhere to the rules of the road and countryside.
- You understand that whilst ride leaders/cycling instructors will undertake all reasonable efforts to ensure your safety, you will be required to be vigilant and ride in a safe manner.
- You hereby maintain that you are fit and healthy enough to participate in this event and your cycle(s) is/are in safe, legal and rideable condition.
- You undertake to make the ride leaders aware of any medical condition you have which may adversely affect your ability to participate in the ride.
- You also accept that ride leaders /cycling instructors cannot be held responsible for personal injury, accident, loss or damage during the ride or on the way to or from the ride.
- You understand that ride leaders/cycling instructors may refuse to allow you to participate if they deem your bike(s) to be unroadworthy, or if your behaviour or ability level is deemed to be unsuitable.
- You understand that the wearing of a helmet is optional and that ride leaders/cycling instructors will not be held liable for the results of any injury which it is later established may have been prevented by the wearing of a helmet or later established may have been caused by the wearing of your helmet(s). Ride leaders/cycling instructors may advise on the fit of the helmet but will not necessarily be able to judge from its appearance if it is in good condition.
You agree to follow government guidelines in regards to Covid19 and all safety precautions ecobirmingham have in place outlined when booking.
Data protection and privacy – we will hold your data in accordance with the GDPR.
You agree for ecobirmingham to store your personal information (such as name, e-mail, address, mobile number and other relevant information related to our programme) and share with non-commercial organisations like Birmingham Public Health (Birmingham City Council) for covid19 track an trace purposes.
Weather policy. In the event of extreme weather conditions such as heavy precipitation or dangerous surfaces, it is at the discretion of our instructors whether to proceed or to cancel. If we have to cancel or abandon the class then we will either issue full or partial refunds, or transfer your place to another date, subject to availability.
Personal belongings. Please look after your personal belongings. We don’t accept responsibility if they are lost or stolen.
Cancellation policy. If you no longer need your place then please let us know as there may be a waiting list.
Refund policy. For chargeable events, refunds will only be given if 48 hours notice is given of cancellation.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
The Rest House, Bournville Green, 49 Sycamore Road, Birmingham, United Kingdom