About this Event
Born and brought up in Muscle Shoals, the daughter of Alabama/Nashville Hall of Fame writer Walt Aldridge, Hannah is a chip off the old block in terms of talent but is very much her own woman, as a writer, recording artist and electrifying live performer.
With a voice equal parts gritty and melodic, she is a gifted storyteller, with songs that soothe like a lullaby or crack like a whip, instantly arresting, with a hint of danger to hide the vulnerability. Dark, and irresistibly engaging, she delivers her stories with all the conviction of a church bell ringing out through the streets of a small Alabama town.
As she says in her song Aftermath: ‘I was born in a crossfire’
Hannah is steadily making a name for herself through extensive touring in UK (with sell out shows, including the last Southern Fried Festival), Europe and Australia, as well as the USA. Her music embraces Americana, dark country and rock, resulting in a highly individual style.
This short Scottish tour with her band, including special guest and long time collaborator Lachlan Bryan (Melbourne), showcases songs from her stunning new third album Dream of America, which has been pulling in 5 star reviews across the globe.
• Could fill a room with her own electricity… Daily Record
• Aldridge's music is a sonic treat, as stylistically she paints from many different musical brushes - Billboard Magazine
• Queen of southern gothic… Americana UK
• neo-noir fantasy transformed into song - Alt77 (US)
• The new album treads a fine line between the genial charm of Americana, and the raw, hypnotic and occasionally electronic stylings of what some might like to call 'noir indie pop’ - Frontview Magazine (Belgium)
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
The Voodoo Rooms, 19a West Register Street, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
GBP 15.00 to GBP 18.00