About this Event
Start your woodworking journey with RX! Learn about the basic hand tools you can use to make your dream woodworking projects a reality.
In this workshop you will learn tool use and safety and have fun doing it! You will be trained to use a variety of hand tools to begin your woodworking adventure. Following your hands on training, you will take a design from conceptualization to completion as you find solutions to everyday problems using reclaimed materials.
What we promise you will get from this event is tool training, confidence, and fun using woodworking tools.
Please note that this is a skill building workshop. Participants will work with scrap materials to build something that will allow them to practice the new skills they learned. Individuals will not be making an item to take home with them (unless you would like your scrap!).
Participants will get trained on the tools listed below. You will then use the tools to complete a basic project.
Small hand tools
Clamping and gluing basics
Whatever else you may need!
For cancellations, please give at least 48 hours notice for a full refund. If a refund is requested within 48 hours, we can offer credit or a transfer to another workshop. A no show without notice will not receive any refund. Thank you for your understanding!
STUDENT SAFETY DURING COVID
Your safety is our highest priority at Rebuilding Exchange, so we have put safety protocols in place for all of our in-person workshops to keep everyone safe. Those protocols are:
- Reduced class sizes (no more than 8 participants in a class).
- All instructors, assistants, and participants will be required to wear masks while attending workshops (we do not have enough masks to provide to everyone, so you will be required to provide your own mask).
- Instructors and participants may be required to have their temperature taken (using a touchless thermometer) prior to the start of the class.
- Social distancing will be implemented when possible and appropriate.
- Breaks will be provided during the class for handwashing.
- Everyone should follow recommended safety precautions, such as coughing into your elbow and refraining from touching their face.
- All of the tools, equipment, door handles, cabinet and drawer handles, etc. that are touched will be disinfected both before and after the workshop.
Workshop Policies: Please review policies below before committing to a workshop.
- All workshops are 18+; no woodworking experience necessary;
- If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule; and
- If you are unable to attend your one-time workshop, email us 48-hours before the class starts. If you are unable to make your series class, email us one week before the class starts.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
ReBuilding Exchange, 1740 W Webster Ave, Chicago, United States