About this Event
A very scary look at Lafayette Square and the White House areas!
This thrilling, and terrifying, excursion will include:
• The Square’s ancient, restless graveyard
• The slain sisters who inhabit a nearby mansion!
• The path where an assassin stalked a President.
• Attempts to reach the spirit world from the Executive Mansion!
• A Navy hero’s spooky apparition!
• The haunted spirits slain assassins
• The deadly end of the architect of the Square’s largest building
• The tragic Civil War hero who’s never found rest!
• A noted spy’s costume changes
• The kindly ghost of a famous hotel!
• A “spirit photographer” who took pictures of the undead!
• Trick or treat from Confederate bankers and Yankee belles
• The deadly curse that haunts foreign enemies
• The M**der of a famed District Attorney
• A spirited inauguration
• Is it really the White House?
• The ghost of the gallows
• And more!!
Thursday, Oct. 27, 5:30 pm
Meet at the General Jackson statue in the middle of the Square.
About 2 hours in length.
Your guide is a former writer for the “Tonight Show”, and ex-White House speechwriter, and author of the new book, The Lost History of the Capitol: The Hidden and Tumultuous Saga of Congress and the Capitol Building:
And a book on Lafayette Square itself, The White House's Unruly Neighborhood: Crime, Scandal and Intrigue in the History of Lafayette Square:
Questions? Contact: [email protected]
Prepare to be scared, very scared—and informed and entertained!
Plenty of Spirits afterwards can be had nearby at the Old Ebbitt Grill, The Hamilton, or the Willard Hotel.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Lafayette Square, 16th Street Northwest, Washington, D.C., United States