About this Event
Join GPMC (https://www.gpmcdc.org/) and Sunnybird Yoga (https://www.sunnybirdyoga.com/) for our GPMC Scholarship Fundraiser Yoga Event while raising money to fund GPMC’s Upperclassmen Mentorship and Scholarship Program.
CAUSE: GPMC’s Upperclassmen Mentorship and Scholarship Program
CAUSE DETAILS: GPMC’s Upperclassmen Mentorship and Scholarship Program aims to support LGBTQ+ juniors and seniors at local Colleges and Universities. Help us give them a leg up in their post undergraduate endeavors! Find out more at www.gpmcdc.org/scholarship (https://www.gpmcdc.org/scholarship).
EVENT: Whether you're a yoga pro or just starting, this Vinyasa Flow session led by Sunnybird Yoga we got you covered. Let's flow, stretch, and breathe together while making a real difference.
- What to bring: We recommend bringing your own yoga mat or towel, comfortable clothing suitable for movement, a water bottle to stay hydrated, and any props or accessories you typically use during your practice.
- Parking: There are garages as well as street parking available around the location. Ride Sharing or taking the metro is always encouraged.
- Yoga mats and blocks will be provided for this event. It is still recommended to bring your own mat.
- This is a safe and inclusive space for the LGBTQIA+ community and our Allies (Straight Friends) of all backgrounds, races, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions.
- The event will begin promptly at 12pm, please plan to arrive 10 minutes earlier to sign the activity waiver.
ABOUT GPMC GAY PROFESSIONAL MEN OF COLOR (https://www.gpmcdc.org/) is a nonprofit built by and for minority professional men who identify as gay, bisexual, trans man, or questioning, GPMC aims to provide respectful and positive spaces, where gay, bisexual, trans men, and questioning professional men of color can come together with like-minded individuals, while strengthening bonds through programming that educates, empowers, and enriches the LGBTQ+ community. You can find GPMC online at www.gpmc.org and on social media! IG - @GPMC.DC (https://www.instagram.com/gpmc.dc/)& FB - @GPMC.DC (https://www.facebook.com/gpmc.dc)
ABOUT SUNNYBIRD YOGA (https://www.sunnybirdyoga.com/) is a sanctuary with the vision is to inspire individuals to tap into their inner strength, spread their wings, and embrace a transformative journey of wellness and self-discovery through the practice of yoga. You can find Sunnybird yoga online at www.sunnybirdyoga.com and on social media. IG - @sunnybirdyoga, Tiktok - @sunnybirdyoga
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Balance Gym Foggy Bottom, 2401 M Street Northwest, Washington, United States