About this Event
Ticket sales close 11am Friday 10 September
This is a special photo walk event through Government House Gardens. Come and discover what is behind the walls for this special event in a group photo walk class for all levels of photography including beginners.
Suitable for beginners, people who have just bought a camera or who own a camera and would like to learn more features and those wishing to learn how to shoot better using manual settings.
Special 90 mins of fun and learning in a small group.
Do you want to improve your general photo taking skills?
From learning about bush and nature landscape photography to easy ways to take better photos of flowers and other elements of interest.
This is a fun to learn walkabout tour. Where questions will be answered by professional Portrait and Landscape photographer Cyrus from Lighthouse Photography. Covering the basics of photography and more.
TOPICS TO COVER
Cyrus prefers an interactive approach, so if you need clarification or guidance on a particular technique/subject please ask...
Topics covered on the day may include...
• AV, TV and P mode
• How to shoot day time landscapes.
• Manual settings for portraits, close-ups, and landscapes.
• How to get what you want in focus.
• Rules of shutter speed.
• How to create bokeh (beautiful blurry backgrounds).
• How to make a photo look blue or warm using white balance settings.
• What does ISO do?
• Finding interesting shots from challenging lighting conditions.
• How to create art using creative settings and composition.
• How to identify and capture beauty in a photograph.
• Working with light and backgrounds.
• Nature closeups & interesting patterns.
• How to shoot macro images
WHAT YOU NEED
• Closed shoes
• DSLR, bridge or compact camera
• Enough battery & memory card space to last duration of event.
• No need for a tripod.
• A bottle of water (optional).
• 1-3 lens and a camera bag
• Bring your widest lens for landscapes, and a macro if you have one.
• A mini notepad and pen (optional).
MACRO LENS FOR PHONE CAMERA
Would you like to purchase a macro lens for your phone? Message Cyrus to organise in advance.
WHERE TO MEET / INFORMATION FOR THE DAY
• Arrival time is 2pm sharp and a 3.30pm sharp departure.
Meeting point is the pedestrian gate off St Georges Terrace
• That you will greet your guests at the security hut at 2.00pm, access will be via the pedestrian gate off St Georges Terrace.
• Supervision of guests ensuring they stay within the zones as communicated by Cyrus.
• No rubbish to be left behond
• Bathrooms to be used at the front of the house, inside the exclusion area.
By purchasing a ticket you agree to the terms above and general Perth Learn Photography (www.perthlearn.com).
Perth Learn Photography in the largest and most affordable photo learning group in WA. We guarantee you'll get satisfaction by learning something valuable in a fun and friendly environment from all our workshops and events. We also offer flexibility to move your bookings to another date should you find yourself with a scheduling conflict. Just pick from our other posted events and request a move, (for events of a higher value just pay the difference). Subject to availability.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Government House, Perth, Australia
AUD 10.00 to AUD 29.00