About this Event
Thanks to Back Country Cuisine freeze dri meals, we are getting out bike riding different sections of Tour Aotearoa Trail!
Each ticket purchase will get you Back Country Cuisine samples to try on the trail, and discount codes. Join us?
Have you #gottogetout and BIKE 2 sections of the amazing Hauraki Rail Trail, from Paeroa to Matamata (60km)?
Please read about the whole trail at the link below, before making up your mind on this trip! You need to self-assess if you and your bike are 'up to this epic challenge' before going further. We are happy to answer any questions about the suitability of your bike, kit, or your fitness.
Full track info below:
Ok, so this sounds like you?
Here's what you are getting with your ticket:
- Transport for you and your bike from Auckland to track start at Paeroa (or we will collect you from anywhere along the route)
- Our bus will drop at the track start, then relocate to the half way mark (Te Aroha), then will meet us at the end (leave your tents in the bus),
- You then get taken home afterwards.
- If you don't have a bike (or bike not up to it) please choose the 'rent a bike option' for a full suspension or hard tail bike in your size, with helmet.
- GTGO Group Founder Robert Bruce is hosting this adventure and recently WALKED the whole trail, so knows all camping spots etc.
What you need:
- A bike capable of 2 days of grade 2 mountain biking (some of it is easier, some harder, please see track notes above). You need offroad tires, recent service, good brakes, and all your own tools (and know-how!) to fix matters like flat tires, broken chains, and worn out brake shoes from long descents,
- we are offering bike rental of our bikes, both hard tail and full suspension.
- E-bikes are totally welcome (but the group moves at the same speed regardless. Note there is no charging point at the half way mark unless you bring a spare battery on the bus).
- A body capable of the same as your bike(!). Good fitness, recent experience of riding similar distances (at least regularly doing 30km, as this is the per-day distance approximately to cover the 60km total distance ).
- The right GTGO mindset of helping one another, rolling with the punches, being prepared, having a community spirit and going at the speed of the group, even if that is slower (or faster) than your usual.
We will stay at Te Aroha Camping https://tearohaholidaypark.co.nz/accommodation/camping/
- Lightweight tent (we are tenting on the Saturday night), gas cooker, sleeping bag, and everything needed to camp out overnight (we are roughing it proper 'Tour Aotearoa' styles).
- You can leave your kit on the bus to save carrying it. Or, panniers / backpack.
If this sounds like you, we are taking 14 people only + Rob (GTGO Founder).
Can loan out mountain bikes for $100 per day, see ticket options.
Any questions before booking, just private message!
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
The Cloud, 89 Quay Street, Auckland, New Zealand
NZD 200.00 to NZD 300.00