career to the next level?
About this Event
This practical music business workshop, led by Brighter Sound, is ideal for young musicians who are not currently in training, education or employment.
Over a creative and jam-packed week, you’ll develop your own unique business model to help you professionalise your work and gain more opportunities and employment in the music industry.
- Learn more about the different roles and career opportunities you could explore that complement your creative skills
- Take part in workshops and masterclasses led by industry experts including music managers, independent artists, financial health consultants and branding and image stylists
- Take part in a professional photoshoot and gain support in creating your own artist identity
- Develop skills to help you better manage your finances as a freelance artist, and leave with top tips and advice to help you recognise healthy and fair contracts
- Have fun working together as a group to respond to practical and musical challenges
To take part in the course, you must:
- Be a musician looking to develop your business skills
- Be aged 18-25 living in Greater Manchester
- Studying less than 14 hours per week or not currently in compulsory education
- Not currently in paid work of more than 16 hours per week
DATES AND TIMINGS
- Taster and induction session - Tuesday 15 Feb (1-4pm)
- Project week - Monday 21 - Friday 25 February (10am-4pm)
The course will take place in central Manchester, with some sessions in-person and some online.
FIND OUT MORE OR SIGN-UP
To register your interest in this course, just complete an online application form* by Sunday 30 January, 11pm.
If you'd prefer to apply by audio or video, click here.
Brighter Sound will be in touch with all applicants to let them know whether they have been successful by Friday 4 February.
If you have any questions please contact Phill Howley at [email protected]
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Manchester, United Kingdom