About this Event
Dive into the holiday spirit with a unique twist as we celebrate the world of beach reads.
- Grab your picture with Santa, dressed in his tropical finest, and get ready for Santa’s Storytime, where the jolly man himself will read passages from your favorite beach reads.
- Bring your old books and get some new ones in our Book Swap!
- Create arts and crafts inspired by the holiday season.
- Enjoy beer, wine, and the night’s specialty cocktail, Rudolph’s Mai Tai, a classic tiki cocktail (non-alcoholic version also available).
- Visit the AWM gift shop and our event bookseller to get that holiday shopping checked off your list!
For this event, we have also partnered with Chicago Books to Women in Pr*son. This great organization distributes paperback books free of charge to incarcerated people nationwide, focusing on all women and trans/non-binary people. Bring additional books to donate to Chicago Books to Women in Pr*son!
Don't miss this opportunity to connect with fellow book lovers, indulge in captivating stories, and revel in the magic of the season.
Get Lit is your way to enjoy evenings in the Loop. Meet friends and fellow book nerds for an early-evening treat. On the second Tuesday of every month, from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm, the AWM serves up drinks, music, special experiences, and fun activities to get you lit!
Buy your tickets today! A limited number of tickets are available at the door. AWM members, use the access code that has been emailed to you to reveal the member ticket price. Tickets include admission to the AWM and drink tickets for two complimentary beverages. Additional drink tickets are available for purchase. Guests must be 21+ to attend Get Lit and show a valid ID at the door.
Funds raised at this event will go towards the AWM’s Write In Youth Education Program, which serves middle and high school students from under-resourced schools.
Thank you to our event partner Chicago Books to Women in Pr*son!
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
American Writers Museum, 180 N. Michigan Avenue, 2nd Floor, Chicago, United States
USD 5.00 to USD 25.00