About this Event
Addressing the surging mental health crisis is one of the most pressing issues facing cities around the world. We turn to one of the US leaders who had made it her mission to tackle this crisis head on – and reinvent her city for the better.
Hillary Schieve, mayor of Reno, has made it a priority since assuming office to create a downtown environment that attracts residents, students, businesses and visitors. She is known as ‘The Reinventor’ for her role in the positive transformation of Reno, now a hub for tech entrepreneurs and companies and a centre for the arts. She is currently President of the U.S. Conference of Mayors and chairs the task force on mental health.
The United States is facing an unprecedented mental health crisis, with staggering increases in stress, depression, isolation, loneliness, and accompanying mental health hurdles faced by Americans of all ages. Addressing this surging mental health crisis is one of the most pressing issues facing America’s cities. It’s also a growing problem for cities here, too. What can we learn from US cities?
Tickets are free.
We have restricted the number of tickets that can be booked to four per transaction to limit the number of ‘no shows’ and ensure as many people as possible can attend.
There will be a returns queue on the day and any empty seats will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis a few minutes before the start of the event.
Events start punctually and, out of consideration to other audience members and speakers, our policy is not to admit latecomers. Full Terms and Conditions here.
- Watershed’s main entrance and Box Office are both on the ground floor which is accessible via a ramped, electronically assisted entrance door.
- There are two Blue Badge parking spaces to the rear of Watershed on Canons Road.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are very welcome.
- The first floor of Watershed is accessible via lift from the main entrance and includes level access to all areas, including the cinemas and event spaces.
- The cinemas and event spaces have induction loops.
- There is an accessible toilet (with baby changing facilities) near Cinema 1. Follow the signs for the Cinemas and the accessible toilet is just on your left through the double doors before Cinema 1.
- There are gender neutral toilets in the cinema corridor on the first floor.
for more information.
Please note we only refund tickets if the event is cancelled. Events start punctually and, out of consideration to other audience members and speakers, our policy is not to admit or issue refunds to latecomers. Full Terms and Conditions .
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Watershed, 1 Canon's Road, Bristol, United Kingdom