About this Event
There is now a plan to hold a citizens’ assembly for culture in the West of England underway, which will shape a cultural delivery plan for the region. But how will this work?
In 2021, LaToyah McAllister Jones (St Pauls Carnival) and Emma Harvey (Trinity Arts) began to develop the idea of a citizen-led cultural plan for the city. Two years later, there is now a plan to hold a citizens’ assembly for culture for the West of England. But what’s the big idea? How will a citizens’ assembly work in practice? What’s the point of it?
Come and join this informal discussion with David Jubb, LaToyah McAllister Jones and Kamina Walton (founder of Rising Arts Agency) about how citizens can shape and oversee policy and delivery using citizen-led decision making.
Tickets are free.
We have restricted the number of tickets that can be booked to four per transaction to limit the number of ‘no shows’ and ensure as many people as possible can attend.
There will be a returns queue on the day and any empty seats will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis a few minutes before the start of the event.
Events start punctually and, out of consideration to other audience members and speakers, our policy is not to admit latecomers. Full Terms and Conditions here.
- Watershed’s main entrance and Box Office are both on the ground floor which is accessible via a ramped, electronically assisted entrance door.
- There are two Blue Badge parking spaces to the rear of Watershed on Canons Road.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are very welcome.
- The first floor of Watershed is accessible via lift from the main entrance and includes level access to all areas, including the cinemas and event spaces.
- The cinemas and event spaces have induction loops.
- There is an accessible toilet (with baby changing facilities) near Cinema 1. Follow the signs for the Cinemas and the accessible toilet is just on your left through the double doors before Cinema 1.
- There are gender neutral toilets in the cinema corridor on the first floor.
for more information.
Please note we only refund tickets if the event is cancelled. Events start punctually and, out of consideration to other audience members and speakers, our policy is not to admit or issue refunds to latecomers. Full Terms and Conditions .
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Watershed, 1 Canon's Road, Bristol, United Kingdom