About this Event
About this program
The Brain & Body Exercises for Seniors aim to slow down the onset of dementia and to reduce falls caused by frailty. Inspired by the programme designed in Japan, this is a dual-task exercise programme to help seniors stay physically and mentally well. Keep yourself active and healthy, and make new friends along the way!
Dual-task exercises are activities where the individual performs a physical and a mental task. An example would be stepping on the spot and counting out loud. This stimulates the parts of the brain responsible for physical movement coordination and cognitive functions.
Evidence has shown that dual-task exercises have more beneficial effects than single-task exercises.
* Brain & Body Exercises for Seniors is FREE for the month of December 2021.
However, donations are welcome.
Venue: Brahm Centre @ Tampines
Dates: 3rd, 10th and 17th December 2021
Terms and Conditions
1. Each FREE ticket allows you to attend the weekly sessions.
2. You must bring your own water bottle & towel. No drinking water & food shall be provided at our Centre.
3. Do not attend if you feel unwell. This includes a cough or cold, even when you are not running a fever.
4. Please try to attend once you book your sessions.
5. If the senior needs help physically, the helper/family member can join FOC.
Please note that there will be no classes on Public Holidays.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Brahm Centre @ Tampines, Blk 473 Tampines St 43, Singapore, Singapore