About this Event
LEGO League Explore (grades 2-4) - 6 modules
During this FIRST® Professional Development you will meet remotely with other teachers/coaches for two 6.5-hour sessions (this includes 6-contact hours and 30-minute lunch) on Saturdays, February 19 and February 26 from 11:30 am - 6:00 pm EST. Please save the dates on your calendars; you are expected to attend BOTH session.
As a participant in the FIRST® LEGO® League Explore immersive learning experience you will:
- Join a cohort and collaborate with other attendees through the FIRST Thinkscape Learning Management System
- Learn how to foster student computational thinking, collaboration, and coding skills
- Utilize, model, and reinforce the FIRST Core Values
- Participate in the FIRST experience from a student's point of view
- and more!
To participate, you'll need:
- *FIRST LEGO League Explore Set, Team Meeting Guide, and Engineering Notebook
- **LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0 Core Set and corresponding software
- Computer with Internet Access (Recommend second screen or device to allow programming and video communication at the same time)
- Camera turned on for active participation in hands-on, interactive sessions
*You can use a current or prior-season Explore Set, Team Meeting Guide, and Engineering Notebook. Materials are included with a Class Pack or individual team registration and can be purchased through the FIRST Dashboard.
**LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 can be purchased with a FIRST Class Pack or individual team registration.
Please be aware that there have been delays in shipping. If you are ordering new materials please do so immediately. If materials are not received in time for the start of the training we will reschedule you to the next schedule training date. You should plan on choosing a date that allows 3-4 weeks to receive your materials.
NOTE: If you reside in Connecticut, Hawaii, New Mexico, South Dakota or West Virginia sales tax applies. Please email [email protected] to receive registration payment instructions for these states, or to provide us with a tax exempt form. Full payment must be received for admission to this session. If payment is received without applicable taxes, we will contact you.
PLEASE NOTE: A minimum of 4 registered participants are required. You will be notified 1 week prior if there are not a minimum of participants. At that time you will be given additional options to attend a different cohort.
Cancellation Policy: Paid FIRST Professional Development is nonrefundable. If you are unable to attend the paid Remote Professional Development and need to cancel your registration, you may reschedule up to one time to a future date, but within 12 months of the original date. Substitutions (one individual for another) are allowed at any time. Please let us know your intent within 72 hours before the start date by sending an email to [email protected] If you do not cancel within 72 hours and do not attend the workshop you will forfeit the opportunity to reschedule.