About this Event
This class is for both new and established small businesses. Maybe you’ve had a great idea and written your business plan. You are ready to launch your business—but you need a little extra cash to make it happen. Or, you've been at it a while and think it's time to infuse some capital to make some strategic changes for growth and stability.
This three-hour session will explore various funding options to help you get your business funded and off the ground. We’ll cover different types of loans and investors, and what you need to prepare before you approach them. You’ll leave knowing what documents you need before approaching investors or applying for a loan, and knowing what they are looking for in a business plan.
Course Material Downloads:
- Follow-along workbook to take notes, follow instructions, and complete exercises during the session.
- Presentation slides and exercises will be provided to all participants.
- Toolkit - a collection of templates, forms, worksheets, and other resources will be available at the end of the class. It is to provide additional information and support as you continue on the path to starting your business.
What To Expect:
Participants will be able to speak and interact with the instructor and others. There will be ample time for Q&A at the end, but we also have plenty of group discussions planned during the session. There will be two ten-minute breaks to check your email, grab a cup of coffee, etc.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone interested in starting a new business
- Business owners looking to rebuild or revamp, post-covid
- Freelancers, Designers & Writers wanting to launch their brand
- Those in the process of starting a business who may be stalled or stuck
- All are welcome - and if you are forming a partnership, we encourage all parties to attend
This workshop is eligible for the City of Austin Small Business Skills Certificate program. Participants who complete six courses in the program are recognized in an awards ceremony at City Hall with other local business and community leaders.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request - including translation and interpretation services. For assistance, please contact the Economic Development Department at 512-974-7819. The City receives and accepts Video Relay Service (VRS) calls from people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing through Relay Texas 7-1-1.
Map to City of Austin Small Business Division, 5202 E. Ben White, Suite 400
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
City of Austin Small Business Program, 5202 E Ben White Blvd., Austin, United States