About this Event
The mission of Envia is to connect, empower, and educate climbers of color in Southern Nevada. We aim to hold space for our communities and the many intersections of our identities, and hope to do so in a way that prioritizes awareness, accessibility, and community care.
In climbing, ascending or getting to the top of a climb without falling is commonly referred to as “sending”. Our name is a play on words using the acronym for Nevada and the Spanish verb ‘enviar’ or ‘envía’ that translates to, respectively, ‘to send’ or ‘he/she/they send’ (typically a message).
- Date: Monday, 9/25/23
- Time: 6:00 - 9:00pm
- Who: BIPOC Climbers (all experience levels welcome)
- Where: The Refuge Climbing & Fitness
- Price: FREE
- Accessibility details of the gym: The Refuge has several handicap parking spots in front. The facility is one single floor without stairs.
If it is your first time visiting the Refuge, you can sign a before arriving to save time checking in!
- 6:00-6:30 - Check In
- 6:30 - Introductions, ice breaker, announcements
- 7:00 - 7:30 - Intro to bouldering offered by The Refuge **for new climbers
- 7:00 - 8:15 - Free climb
- 8:15 - Announcements, Group Picture
- We will be around til 9:00pm!
If you have any questions, contact us at [email protected]
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
The Refuge Climbing and Fitness, 6283 South Valley View Boulevard, Las Vegas, United States