About this Event
Engineering Manager Essentials workshop with Pat Kua
Join us for an immersive and enlightening Engineering Manager Essentials workshop with renowned expert Pat Kua. This workshop will equip engineering managers with the essential skills and knowledge needed to excel in their roles. It is also perfect for those senior software developers or individual contributors considering stepping into this role in the future to better understand the core expectations.
Don't miss this opportunity to network with like-minded professionals, exchange ideas, and gain practical tips you can immediately apply in your role. Secure your spot now and take your engineering management skills to the next level!
Learn from a person who has trained thousands of engineering leaders and managers and coaches the CTOs/VPs of Engineering who are responsible for identifying, growing and evaluating the performance of engineering managers. Use this opportunity to ask your questions and find advice about the situation you are currently facing.
You will benefit from this workshop if you have already worked several years as an individual contributor and are thinking about stepping into an Engineering Manager (EM) role or are currently in one. Some common titles of people who frequently attend: Tech Lead Manager, Team Leads and Engineering Managers.
Please note this course is aimed at engineering managers working in the software/tech industry.
Why you should attend
- This Engineering Manager Essentials course is a once-off event and will not be repeated in the near future
- Learn from the trainer (Pat Kua) who has 20+ years of experience and 10+ training other technical leaders and managers
- Get a chance to meet the host of the Tech Lead Journal (Henry Suryawirawan) in person throughout this event
- Use the opportunity to connect with peers in the industry who face the same challenges and responsibilities
- Leave a better understanding of the essentials skills to be an effective Engineering Manager
- Leave with many practical ideas you can apply immediately in your workplace
- Hear about stories and experiences about different phases
- Get an opportunity to have your questions answered by experts in the field
Meet your trainer
Patrick Kua has worked in the tech industry for more than 20 years, having done everything from a Tech Lead, Principal Consultant, CTO and now coaches and trains technical leaders full-time. He is author of several books such as Talking with Tech Leads and Building Evolutionary Architectures, and has spoken at many conferences and appeared on many podcasts talking about topics such as technical leadership, engineering management, engineering culture and more. He runs a weekly newsletter for leaders in tech called Level Up that goes out to more than 10,000 subscribers around the world.
Find out more about him at https://patkua.com
Meet your host
Henry Suryawirawan is the host of Tech Lead Journal, a podcast about technical leadership and excellence. He has worked in the tech industry for over 18 years, spanning across multiple industries—insurance, banking, startup, consulting, government, cloud provider, scaleup. Henry has deep interests in software architecture, technical practices, building tech products, and forming high-performing engineering teams. He is highly experienced in Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, and Cloud. Henry has delivered talks on multiple occasions, ranging from Google Cloud Next, Google Cloud Summits, webinars, and community meetups.
Find out more about him: links.henrysuryawirawan.com
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Four Points by Sheraton Singapore, Riverview, 382 Havelock Road, Singapore, Singapore
SGD 700.00 to SGD 1000.00