About this Event
Click here to register to participate virtually.
Change is the only constant... Our conference's speakers will share tips & strategies so we can navigate it better!
Our ways of working and our experience of work is changing in unexpected and unpredictable ways! Disruptive technologies, the transition to a hybrid work model, environmental and health crises, volatile economic conditions and socio-political disruptions all require us to be adaptive, embrace change, seize opportunities and grow our careers in meaningful ways. How do we do this all effectively?
Join the Institute of Public Administration of Canada (IPAC) Toronto Region at the Bay Adelaide Centre on October `12, 2023 for the Emerging Leaders Conference centered around the theme “Embracing Change in a Time of Transitions”. The Emerging Leaders Conference aims to equip early-to-mid career public sector professionals with the skills and practical know-how, in particular through hands-on workshops & networking, to successfully navigate the changing nature of the public sector.
By attending the conference, you will have the opportunity to:
- Have candid conversations with several senior executives from the three levels of government & broader public sector
- Learn how to use strategic foresight in policy development and program delivery
- Learn about topics related to trauma-informed leadership such as moral injury, compassion fatigue and burnout, & how these concepts apply in a professional context
- Gain insights into ways to build your emotional intelligence
- & more !
- Katy Kamkar: Federal Associate Ombud, Mental Health & Executive Advisor to Deputy Minister on Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Public Service & Procurement Canada & Clinical Psychologist
- Donal O'Reardon, CEO of O'Reardon Consulting & expert on emotional intelligence
Conference will be held in-person and live-streamed for virtual attendees. In-person attendees will be served breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack.
Early-bird ticket sales will run until September 27, 2023. The early-bird rate for in-person participation is $76. The regular price is $96.
IPAC members receive a 30% discount! To obtain the discount, use the promo code provided in a recent IPAC Toronto newsletter, or contact IPAC Toronto to obtain the promo code.
Thank you to our Sponsor, KPMG, for their support!
This conference is being hosted on the traditional territory of many Indigenous nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabek, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee, and the Wendat peoples.
If you require any accommodations, please contact [email protected].
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
333 Bay St., 333 Bay Street, Toronto, Canada