About this Event
Join this one-off live event to let the Bank of England know how the cost-of-living crisis is affecting you, your spending and your plans for the future.
The Bank of England set up their Citizens’ Forum community in 2018 to engage directly with the public they serve. Since then they have run live and virtual events all across the country, hearing first-hand experiences of how the economy is working for people across the UK.
In this informal session in Bristol, you will have the opportunity to meet Bank of England staff, find out a bit more about the work they do and ask any questions that you may have. The main purpose of the session is to listen to you.
In smaller breakout groups, Bank of England staff would like to hear about your experiences of the cost-of-living squeeze, how it is impacting on your spending and saving decisions and your expectations for the future.
Refreshments will be provided, with travel expenses up to £25 covered for all attendees.
Don’t worry if you’ve not attended a Citizen’s Panel event before – this is a great opportunity to ask the questions you’ve been thinking about and tell the Bank of England about your financial habits.
Tickets are free.
We have restricted the number of tickets that can be booked to two per transaction to limit the number of ‘no shows’ and ensure as many people as possible can attend.
There will be a returns queue on the day and any empty seats will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis a few minutes before the start of the event.
Events start punctually and, out of consideration to other audience members and speakers, our policy is not to admit latecomers. Full Terms and Conditions here.
- Watershed’s main entrance and Box Office are both on the ground floor which is accessible via a ramped, electronically assisted entrance door.
- There are two Blue Badge parking spaces to the rear of Watershed on Canons Road.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are very welcome.
- The first floor of Watershed is accessible via lift from the main entrance and includes level access to all areas, including the cinemas and event spaces.
- The cinemas and event spaces have induction loops.
- There is an accessible toilet (with baby changing facilities) near Cinema 1. Follow the signs for the Cinemas and the accessible toilet is just on your left through the double doors before Cinema 1.
- There are gender neutral toilets in the cinema corridor on the first floor.
for more information.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Watershed, 1 Canon's Road, Bristol, United Kingdom