About this Event
DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation
If your company ships hazardous materials? Do you accept hazmat shipments? Are your employees certified to ship hazmat? If your answer to any of the above is “yes” then you need HAZMAT Transportation Training!
Compliance Solutions is the nation's largest private provider of HAZMAT Training. Since 1995 we have helped companies across North America comply with DOT HAZMAT shipping regulation 49 CFR 172.704 and saved them thousands of dollars in the process!
Who needs DOT HAZMAT Training?
According to the DOT (The Department of Transportation) any company involved in the transport of hazardous materials by air, rail, ground or water must provide Hazmat transportation certification within 90 days of an employee starting work. Our DOT Hazmat Complete training is a one-day seminar designed to certify your employees in transporting hazardous materials. DOT regulations state: “Any person involved in offering a hazardous material for transportation must be properly trained”
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the correct methods used for the shipping, handling, and transporting of hazardous materials
- Identify the proper shipping methods for hazardous materials in air, water, and land.
- Recognize information needed on shipping papers for specific types of hazardous wastes
- Utilize proper labeling, marking, and placarding required for hazardous waste transportation
- Develop information gathering techniques needed for required incident reporting and emergency notification
- Show an understanding of the documentation for shipping papers and manifests.
After your initial training, you will need to refresh your certification every 3 years or when the regulations "substantially change". This course qualifies as the “initial” training or “refresher” training. Be advised that should your certification lapse, you may not take part in any hazardous materials shipping functions “unsupervised” until your certification has been renewed.
Our DOT Hazmat Course uses a unique "10-step approach" for shipping and handling hazardous materials properly. Each element is covered in detail through the use of "real-world" examples of what “to do” and “what NOT to do” when shipping hazardous materials.
Industries using DOT Transportation certification include but are not limited to:
- Trucking Companies
- CDL Drivers
- Package Delivery Companies
- Medical Supply Delivery Companies
- Home Medical Supply Companies
- Chemical Manufacturing or Shipping
- Environmental firms that package and ship hazardous waste
- Treatment, Storage, and Disposal Facilities
- Warehouse Personnel
Please be advised: Extensive Student participation and interaction during this class is REQUIRED. Students must complete hands-on exercises designed to prepare them for shipping of hazardous materials in the workplace. If you are not prepared to interact with other students and the instructor during class, we suggest you consider taking a web-based (online) DOT Hazmat Initial or Refresher training course instead.
Registration Note: This event does NOT issue paper tickets. After registration, you will receive an email confirmation from Compliance Solutions that includes the date, time, and location of the class. Prior to registering read a copy of our cancellation and refund policy. Once registered, you acknowledge you have read and agree to be bound by this policy.
Offered for registrations of the same course type, date, and city. To receive a group discount all students MUST register at the same time:
5 to 9 students= 10% 10 or more = 15%
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Memphis TN, 4225 American Way, Memphis, United States
USD 295.00 to USD 325.00