About this Event
Third Place Books is thrilled to welcome Deb Perelman to our Lake Forest Park store! From Cozy Chicken and Dumplings to Fettuccine with White Ragú, and from Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies to Strawberry Summer Stack Cake, Deb's new book Smitten Kitchen Keepers is a collection of essential recipes for meals you'll want to prepare again and again.
What you need to know before you purchase your ticket:
- Smitten Kitchen Keepers publishes on November 15th. We know you'll want to pick up this essential cookbook over the holiday season, which is why we're including a free ticket option for this event! Support Third Place Books by purchasing a copy of Smitten Kitchen Keepers in advance, but don't forget to bring your copy back to the store on January 25th to have it signed. (The more Ragú stains, the better!)
- Registration is required and will be verified at the door. Attendees have the option to purchase a book-bundled ticket, which will include a copy of Smitten Kitchen Keepers to be picked up the day of the event.
- If you purchase a book-bundled ticket but are unable to attend the event, your book will be placed on hold at our Lake Forest Park store. You may request to have your book transferred to our Ravenna or Seward Park neighborhood stores. We are unable to offer refunds after ticket sales have closed.
Additional copies of Smitten Kitten Keepers and Deb's other cookbooks will be available for purchase at the store. This event will include a public signing and time for audience Q&A. Sustain our author series by purchasing a copy of the featured book!
Click here for more about our COVID-19 policies for in-person events.
Having trouble registering? See Eventbrite's troubleshooting FAQ here.
RSVP is required in advance. If you purchase a book-bundled ticket and are unable to attend the event, your book will be placed on hold at our Lake Forest Park store. Customers may request to transfer their book to our Ravenna or Seward Park stores once ticket sales have closed.
About Smitten Kitchen Keepers. . .
A BON APPETIT BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR • The long-awaited new book from the best-selling and beloved author of The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook and Smitten Kitchen Every Day—a collection of essential recipes for meals you'll want to prepare again and again, from Cozy Chicken and Dumplings to Fettuccine with White Ragú, and from Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies to Strawberry Summer Stack Cake.
Deb Perelman is the author of two best-selling cookbooks; one of the internet's most successful food bloggers; the creator of a homegrown brand with more than a million Instagram followers; and the self-taught cook with the tiny kitchen who obsessively tests her recipes to make sure that no bowls are wasted and that the results are always worth the effort.
Here, in her third book, Smitten Kitchen Keepers: New Classics for Your Forever Files, Perelman gives us 100 recipes (including a few favorites from her site) that aim to make shopping easier, preparation more practical and enjoyable, and food more reliably delicious for the home cook.
What's a keeper?
- a full-crunch cucumber salad you'll want to make over and over again for lunch
- a tomato and corn cobbler that tastes like summer sunshine
- an epic deep-dish broccoli cheddar quiche that even quiche skeptics love
- a slow-roasted chicken on a bed of unapologetically schmaltzy croutons
- a butterscotched apple crisp that will ruin you for all others
- perfect spaghetti and meatballs, better than ever
- Deb's ultimate pound cake, one to redeem all the sleepy ones you've eaten over the years
These are the fail-safe, satisfying recipes you’ll rely on for years to come—from Perelman’s forever files to yours.
Deb Perelman is a self-taught home cook and photographer and the creator of the award-winning blog SmittenKitchen.com. She lives in New York City with her husband and their children. (Photo credit: Christine Han)
About Third Place Books
Founded in 1998 in Lake Forest Park, Washington, Third Place Books is dedicated to the creation of a community around books and the ideas inside them. With locations in Lake Forest Park and Seattle's Ravenna and Seward Park neighborhoods, Third Place Books is proud to serve the entire Seattle metro area. Learn more about their event series at thirdplacebooks.com/events.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Third Place Books, 17171 Bothell Way Northeast, Lake Forest Park, United States
USD 0.00 to USD 38.60