About this Event
This ticket link is for vehicle tickets. You can find chair/blanket tickets at .
Dacha’s summertime spectacular, DEARS IN HEADLIGHTS, invites audiences back to the drive-in theatre for an evening of movie magic—only this time, with a troupe of live actors instead of a silver screen. Accompanied by an FM radio soundtrack, this fully devised and larger-than-life love letter to classic cinema combines pastiche, clowning, vignettes, and physical theatre to create a playful immersive experience for viewers with and without cars. Whether you’d rather scare yourself silly with a horror movie or laugh along to a rom-com, you’ll be delighted by this original new take on a beloved summer pastime.
Intended for audiences aged 10+, DEARS IN HEADLIGHTS asks you to keep your arms, legs, and laughter inside the vehicle at all times. Drive-ins and walk-ups welcome starting July 30.
Directed by Mike Lion
Just like a drive-in this play can be watched from chairs/picnic blankets or from inside your car. Car seats will offer an extra bit of immersion - we'll bring the action right to your windshield and rearview mirror.
Chair/blanket tickets can be found here.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR WATCHING FROM YOUR CAR
1. Cars will be directed to a specific car viewing area. For the safety of the performers, you will not be able to move the car or drive away during the show.
2. Late vehicles will not be admitted into the car viewing area. You will be able to park in a different location and walk to the chair/blanket area.
3. During the performance actors will interact with your car using a similar scope to when you go to the car wash! They may gently touch or lean on your car, spray water on your windshield, or place a couple of props on your hood.
4. The show's sound track is broadcast and can be heard in your car using your FM Radio. If your car is not equipped with a radio, we recommended bringing one. You cannot tune into the signal with a smartphone. The frequency will be given to you at check-in.
5. Limit your engine idling. Because we park cars closely together, your engine exhaust will affect the safety of others. You may start your engine periodically to keep the battery fresh, but for no more than one minute.
Dacha tickets our events on a sliding scale to make them financially accessible for everyone. There is no difference in experience between the price options.
Pay-What-You-Can tickets are available to every performance -- scroll to bottom of the ticket options!
One vehicle ticket covers everyone in your car. It's up to you how many people you bring. Please note that the show is best experienced with the car parked facing forward.
Please note that the Eventbrite interface only allows you to purchase one PWYC at a time, so if you would like to purchase multiple, you will need to complete the check-out for each ticket individually.
DEARS IN HEADLIGHTS is a touring production, with different locations for each show. This ticket link is for our August 1st performance at Billings Middle School. Exact location details will be emailed out to ticket holders ahead of the show.
For tickets to other tour dates please visit www.dachatheatre.com/summer.
Friday, July 30th 8:30PM - Billings Middle School
Saturday, July 31st 8:30PM - Billings Middle School
Sunday, August 1st 8:30 PM - Billings Middle School
Thursday, August 5th 8:30PM - Touring North (Edmonds/Lynnwood area, location TBA)
Friday, August 6th 8:30 PM Location TBA
Saturday, August 7th 8:30PM - Capital Hill
Sunday, August 8th 8:00PM - Location TBA
Monday, August 9th 8:00PM - Billings Middle School
Friday, August 13th 8:00PM - Location TBA
Saturday, August 14th 8:30PM - Touring South (Burien area, location TBA)
Monday, August 16th 8:00PM - Location TBA
Thursday, August 19th 8:00PM - Location TBA
Friday, August 20th 8:00PM - Location TBA
Saturday, August 21st 8:00PM - Location TBA
Sunday, August 22nd 8:00PM Billings Middle School
More dates/locations coming soon!
Dacha Theatre's summer tours are proudly sponsored by Billings Middle School!
Billings Middle School is a dynamic learning community intentionally designed to stretch, support, and inspire early adolescents through experiential education to foster social, emotional, and academic growth.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Billings Middle School, 12351 8th Ave NE,, Seattle, United States
USD 0.00 to USD 100.00