About this Event
Dare to Lead™ for Educators
Dare to Lead™ for Educators is based on Dr. Brené Browns international leadership program and has been specifically designed for teachers and those working in the educator sector. This allows our graduates to extend their professional network, imbed new skills and be supported by other teachers/ educators embarking on leadership and culture change within schools.
Designed to build courage skills in school communities this powerful program includes prework, a two day workshop and follow-up webinar. Graduates are then eligible to complete the Daring Teams Rollout Program. This equips you to coordinate a short series of lessons within your own team or school. An incredibly powerful opportunity to shift culture and imbed the work of Dr. Brené Brown further.
What is Dare to Lead™ ?
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program delivered by Dare to Lead™ Certified Facilitators.
Brené is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy, and most recently completed a seven-year study on courageous leadership. She is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, Braving the Wilderness, and Dare to Lead, which also debuted at #1 on The Wall Street Journal and Publisher’s Weekly list.
As a certified Dare to Lead™ (CDTLF) and The Daring Way™ (CDWF) facilitator Anna Ranaldo has been facilitating Dr Brené Brown's workshops for the past 5 years as an leadership consultant, executive coach and change agent across Australia. Anna works with intact teams, schools and curriculum leads to customise courage curriculums including delivery of BOLD, Brenés courage program for youth (typically delivered in middle - high school)
What people are saying
"Dare to Lead™ was so inspiring. This is one of the best courses I have ever attended. It was powerful and has fundamentally changed my thinking around myself and our workplace". Assistant Principal
"Outstanding from the outset. Amazing content. Incredible two days that will reshape the way our team shows up with each other!" Telstra Leader
"Thank you Anna. Your heartfelt guidance, gentle stewardship and in-depth knowledge has helped me step into my arena without my old leadership armour. My new armour is courage!" Enterprise Change Leader
"So great to be able to explore with other educators. Lots of connection. I feel inspired by Anna's examples and Brene's videos - I would do this course again in a heart beat!" Teacher
What is Dare to Lead™ Leadership Training for Teachers?
The most significant finding from Dr Brené Brown’s latest leadership research is that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable, and observable.
- Daring Classrooms In Action
- Brené Brown Teaching Courage
New Dare to Lead™ New Format
- Prework - Dare to Lead™ Leadership Assessment
- 2 Day in person workshop with other Educators
- Leadership Integration Plan - Follow-up Webinar
Who should attend?
All Educators from teachers through to system leaders, HODs, corporate services and school support staff.
Dare to Lead™ is the pre-requisite for schools looking to implement Daring Teams Program Rollout, or BOLD (Brené's courage program for youth)
You will learn:
1.The four essential skill sets for courageous leadership - 100% teachable, observable and measurable
2. 16 ways we "armor up" to deal with fear and how to guard against these barriers to daring leadership
3. Self awareness. How to maintain alignment and operationalise school values
4. How to increase trust and how hold others accountable
5. Skills to stay in tough conversations when we want to tap out
6. How to reset after setbacks, failure or disappointment
What you receive:
- New! Dare to Lead™ workbook (Updated in 2021)
- Exclusive Dare to Lead™ video content from Dr Brené Brown
- Dare to Lead Leadership Assessment
- Dare to Lead™ Participant Trained - a LinkedIn Badge to promote your new skills!
- Daring Teams Rollout Program. Graduates of Dare to Lead™ can complete a short course to access the Daring Teams Rollout Program. This allows you to coordinate and upskill your team, or people within your school using the Daring Teams seven lessons plans which launched in 2021. This is only available to Dare to Lead™ Trained Participants i.e. those who graduate from the Dare to Lead™ V2 2021 and beyond programs.
- Education specific videos and discussion with peers to imbed your new skills within a supportive teaching community.
DARE TO LEAD™ PARTICIPANT TRAINED RECOGNITION
As a Dare to Lead™ participant you have the option to become a Dare to Lead™ Trained participant. This allows you to place a Dare to Lead™ Trained badge on your LinkedIn Profile.
Further information is available at https://daretolead.brenebrown.com
IS MY REGISTRATION & TICKET TRANSFERABLE?
We do not refund tickets however you can transfer your ticket. Please notify [email protected] two weeks in advance of your course commencement date if you need to transfer your ticket to another person or to a future DTL date. One transfer option is allowed and must be taken within six moths of your first booking. If less than 48 hours transfer notice provided, there may be an additional fee incurred to cover venue/catering charges.
CAN WE TAILOR THIS PROGRAM TO SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL OR ORGANISATION?
Absolutely. Collective Courage currently runs professional development days within schools across Australia ranging from short seminars to full intact school leadership programs and BOLD Camps (Year 10-11).
Contact us today to explore how this powerful work can help you build braver leaders and courageous cultures.
NEW - DARE TO LEAD™ TEAM/SCHOOL REPORTS
For intact school teams the Dare to Lead™ Team Assessment and Trust Reports are available. These allows us to assess your teams aggregate courage skills and trust profile, providing invaluable data to support culture change at a group level.
Contact [email protected] + 61 418 253 138
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Majestic Hotel, 55 Frome Street, Adelaide, Australia
AUD 1200.00 to AUD 1470.00