About this Event
Dancing with Fish in the Midnight Zone
[Content Warning: mentions of suicide and depression]
A mother, a sister, and a friend go about their everyday living, but something feels off. Be it an extra ritual before a meal, or making sense of life in a virtual world, they each are trying to heal after the death of a dear someone by suicide.
An unexpected relationship forms between a seemingly outsider and the mother-daughter dyad, setting them forth on a journey to confront what’s been long suppressed, learning what it means to grieve, and to face the baggage.
A journey where they have to negotiate through a space that makes them wonder - is there really a space for them to grieve? What form does healing take?
While they find solace in each other’s company, some truths are bound to hurt, threatening their own beliefs about what they know about the person.
At the end of the day, what does it take to heal?
*A post-show dialogue will be held after the performance.
This production is supported by Tote Board Arts Fund, Mind the Gap 200: Mental Health, Our Singapore Fund, and Drama Box. Special thanks to PleaseStay. Movement and Singapore Association for Mental Health.
Show Dates and Time:
24th June, Thursday, 8pm
25th June, Friday, 8pm
26th June, Saturday, 3pm and 7pm
Koh Wan Ching
Lee Pei Qin
Lim Ci Xuan
Loh Wan Qi
Teoh Jie Yu
Wun Yun Fang
Approximately 1 hour (excluding post-show dialogue)
Rating: Advisory 16 (Some Mature Content)
This performance has a no cancellation – no refund policy.
For all enquires, please email to [email protected]
This performance is produced by the third batch of ARTivate as part of their graduation. ARTivate is the youth wing of Drama Box, established to nurture a new group of theatre practitioners into socially aware, sensitive and responsible youths of Singapore.
Follow us at
Please take note that all safe management measures have been taken to ensure the health and safety of our audience and staff. In line with government regulations, the following measures will be implemented during the show:
1) TraceTogether (TT) SafeEntry
- With effect from 1 June 2021 onwards, the Singapore Government has mandated that all audience must use the TT app OR TT Token for SafeEntry into live performance venue.
- Do download the TT app on your mobile and set it up beforehand, or bring along your TT token for check-in at the venue. No other check-in modes will be accepted. We regret that audience without TT at the entrance will be denied entry without a refund.
2) Mask Wearing
- All audience must wear their masks at ALL times throughout the entire duration of the show.
- No foods and drinks are allowed in the space.
- Audience who do not adhere to guidelines will be asked to leave without a refund.
3) Temperature Taking
- Temperature taking is mandatory for everyone before entry.
- You will be subjected to leave the venue if your temperature is above 37.5°C.
DO NOT COME TO THE SHOW IF:
- You are having a fever or flu-like symptoms e.g. coughing, runny nose, sore throat;
- You have been in contact with any person who was a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days;
- You have reason to suspect you might have been in contact with infected persons;
- You have been issued a leave of absence from your employer/school or a Stay at home notice.
4) Social Distancing
- Please abide by all social distancing markers, and standing or sitting 1m apart from others.
- Doors will open at least 20 mins before show time. Please enter the space once it is open and avoid crowding at the FOH area.
- Due to the safety distancing measures in the space, all audience will be seated individually. You will be seated separately with your group of friends. Please follow our FOH staff’s guidance to your designated seat and not change after you have been assigned.
- When the show ends, please follow our FOH staff’s guidance to exit the space in an orderly manner.
- Please do not linger at the foyer after the performance and leave the venue immediately.
- All gifts to the performers or staff must leave at the FOH table before the show. Audience are not allow to mingle with them at any point in time. They will not come out to the FOH area for meet & greet. Our FOH staff will pass your gifts to them after the show, please make sure you have labelled the recipient clearly.
5) Hygiene Measures
- The space and common areas will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Our staff will practice frequent hand washing / sanitisation of their hands during their shifts.
- All audience should exercise good personal hygiene at all times: wash your hands often and/or use our hand sanitisers available at the FOH table.
We thank you for your cooperation on the above measures and look forward to welcoming you at the show! Stay safe and well.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Practice Space @ The Theatre Practice, 54 Waterloo St, Singapore, Singapore