About this Event
The Dallas Police Department Mounted Unit is hosting the Inaugural Dallas Police Department Mounted Community Unity Trail Ride “Mounting Up For The Community” on Saturday, August 14, 2021 at 700 Sports St. in downtown Dallas near Reunion Tower from 10am-2pm. The purpose of the trail ride is to continue to bridge the gap between the community and the police department.
What is the cost to participate?
• The price for adults ages 18 years old and up is $25 per person.
• The price for experienced children riders ages 8-17 years old is free
• All riders, including children, must register on Eventbrite
Who is invited?
• All experienced riders. Due to safety precautions, we ask no beginners participate in the trail ride.
• Individual riders are welcomed.
• Horse riding clubs/groups are welcomed.
• Experienced children riders ages 8-17 years old are free
Important information for horse owner and/or participants
• A signed and completed application.
• Proof of a negative Coggins test with a vaccination date no earlier than August 13, 2020.
• There will be a Coggins documentation check point on the day of the event. No horse will be allowed to participate in the event without the proper documentation. There will be no refunds provided if a horse and/or rider is unable to participate in the trail ride due to the lack of proper documentation.
• All horses must be groomed and prepared for the event.
• All horses must be controlled and well mannered.
• The Dallas Police Department Mounted United supervisor has the final determination if a horse and/or rider may participate in the trail ride.
• Location: 700 Sport St Dallas, TX Dallas, TX 75207
• Trailers will be checked in after completing the Coggins check point. Trailers will be directed to a numbered parking spot. Please limit the number of additional vehicles parking in the trailer parking lot. There will be additional parking for those not participating in the trail ride.
• Coggins verification check point will start at 7am at entrance. Do not remove horses from trailers.
• Horse will receive a ribbon upon exiting Coggins verification check point.
• Provide a signed and completed wavier for each rider.
• Provide a signed and completed application for each rider.
• Provide fees for each rider. $25 per adult and/or free for children 8-17 years old.
• Riders will receive a wristband upon exiting check-in.
• All horses and riders must be lined up by 9:50am
• There will be direction as to where to line-up
• There will be a short ceremony around 10am-10:20am.
• A group photo will be taken around 10:25am
• The trail ride will start no later than 10:30am
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
700 Sports St, 700 Sports Street, Dallas, United States
USD 0.00 to USD 25.00