About this Event
This innovative training course will optimise your approach to security in digital product development. During this half-day programme, you will acquire the knowledge and skills required to take your understanding of cyber threat and risk to the next level. Engage in interactive sessions, practical exercises, and reflective discussions to enable you to successfully learn and apply cyber threat and risk assessment techniques within the context of your own organisation and products.
This course is targeting individuals and teams seeking to enhance their security skills and make meaningful impact within their organisations. For those interested in developing their knowledge and understanding in key areas of cyber security, cyber threat intelligence, and risk assessment, this course offers you access to leading edge approaches developed at Lancaster University. Lancaster University is recognised by the National Cyber Security Centre as an Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Education and Research (ACE-CSR ). With a carefully crafted course outline, we ensure a high-quality learning experience suited to both individual attendees and teams. You will gain a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
11:45 – 12:00 Arrival and Registration
12:00 – 13:00 Working Lunch Session
13:00 – 14:00 Phase 1: Introduction to Threat and Risk Assessment Method
14:00 – 15:00 Phase 2: Contextualised Application
15:00 – 15:30 Break with Refreshments
15:30 – 16:30 Phase 3: Developing Integration Strategies
Working Lunch – Understanding Motivations: This interactive and reflective session encourages the cohort to begin thinking about some of the key motivations for security in product development. Through an exploration of intrinsic and extrinsic motivations, participants will gain a richer understanding of the personal and organisational drivers that influence their organisations security posture.
Phase 1 - Cyber Threat and Risk Assessment Method: An introduction to key concepts around cyber threat and risk. The cohort will learn how to apply a structured risk assessment method to solve a set of known security problems. Participants will receive feedback on their application of the process in preparation for phase 2.
Phase 2 – Contextualised Application: In this phase, we move to a more unstructured process where participants must first identify a security problem they wish to tackle, and then apply the knowledge gained during Phase 1 to solve it.
Phase 3 - Integration and Reflection: This final phase is a reflective evaluation for participants to consider and assess how this process would work in their own organisation. The cohort will be split into smaller groups for a structured and focused discussion about how they might apply these concepts and processes within their own contexts, culminating in the development of an integration strategy.
· Enhanced Security Awareness: Gain a deeper understanding of potential threats your product might face. Our exploratory process is designed to enable creative investigation of vulnerabilities, facilitating an enhanced view of the threat landscape within your organisation relevant to the products you develop.
· Proficiency in Risk Assessment: Develop expertise in applying a structured risk assessment method to effectively solve security problems. Through developing critical thinking and analytical skills in the process of risk assessment, participants will acquire the techniques required to successfully identify and evaluate complex security risks.
· Integration Strategy Development: Leave with a tailored integration strategy identifying the first practical steps to apply learned techniques to your own practices. Empower your team to embrace enhanced security thinking and practices within your organisation.
· Professional Growth and Career Advancement: Gain sought-after skills and knowledge in cyber threat and risk assessment. Learn how to navigate today’s rapidly evolving security landscape with agility. In addition to enhancing your professional profile and unlocking new career opportunities, the skills gained here can allow you to increase your market value, and help you stay at the forefront of industry trends.
· Achieve Impact: Drive meaningful change by identifying and addressing security challenges in product development more effectively. The immediate applicability of the skillset acquired through this training will allow you to have direct impact in your roles.
Who should attend?
This course is open to anyone seeking to improve the security of their digital products. Whether you are a software developer, product owner or manager, start-up entrepreneur, or early career professional, this course offers a unique opportunity for individuals and teams alike to optimise their knowledge and understanding of digital security.
Don’t miss this exclusive training opportunity to elevate your understanding of security in digital product development, secure your place now!
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
DiSH Manchester, Heron House, Manchester, United Kingdom