About this Event
Costume Mounting Workshop with ArtLab Australia
Thursday, 14 October, 09:15 – 12:30
With Textiles Conservators, Mary-Anne Gooden and Victoria Thomas
The workshop will introduce the basic principles and methods to safely and effectively display garments. We will look at display solutions across a range of budget and resource constraints including some quick cheats that are achievable and adaptable. The workshop will include demonstrations and discussions of the following topics:
• Best handling practices for costume preparation and installation
• How to determine the suitability of costume for display
• Deciding on mannequin style
• Taking garment measurements and translating these to a mannequin/form
• Modifying existing mannequins (with additive methods)
• The use of underpinnings to provide support and correct interpretation of garments.
• There will also be morning tea supplied.
Tickets are limited to 10 people due to COVID restrictions and masks will be required to be worn. Open to AMaGA individual and institutional members only.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Artlab Australia, 70 Kintore Avenue, Adelaide, Australia