About this Event
We really want to focus on good governance this year, and hope that this training will help you to better understand your role as student leaders. It will also provide you with some new and/or enhanced professional skills that will help you within your Club, but also in life and your career moving forward.
The training will be run by Josh Farr, who runs Campus Consultancy. Josh is an ex Club President and has worked with thousands of student leaders to provide leadership and emotional intelligence training and we’re really excited to have him come to Adelaide and have him provide our Clubs with some guidance and advice from his learnings.
Each AUU registered Club is required to send at least one representative, ideally the President although an Executive Committee member can instead attend. In the tickets section you can either register for all three of the sessions, or for the sessions individually.
The training day will comprise of three different 1.5 hour sessions:
*Understand the different styles of leadership and what makes a good leader
*Prepare for the future and your personal employability through capitalising on your leadership style
Conflict Management/Navigating Difficult Conversations
*As a leader in your Club, there are bound to be different personalities and sometimes conflicts between these. Learn how to manage these in a professional and respectful manner.
*Prepare yourself for difficult conversations and know the best approach to managing these before they happen
Running Effective Meetings
You may want the Club secretary to attend this session in addition to, or instead of the President
*Set yourself up for future success by properly understanding how to run an effective meeting, and what the benefits of this are
*Understand how to report on the key information in general meetings
As a congratulations and thank you for making it to the end of the training day, we’ll also be providing some celebratory drinks – details TBC so stay tuned!
Things to note:
• All Clubs must send a representative to this training unless there is a specific reason why nobody can come. In this case, please email [email protected]
• You are able to sub in and sub out, so a different representative may attend each session
• We recommend you take notes and share these somewhere that the executive committee and future committee members will have access
• We will consider opening registrations to more than one person on a case by case basis – please email [email protected] with any enquiries about additional attendees. This may depend on availability
• Lunch and some light snacks will be included
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Rumours Cafe, Level 6, Union House, Adelaide, Australia