About this Event
Rotary Club of La Cantera welcomes ALL! We meet at Bar Louie La Cantera on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month from 6:30 - 8:00pm on the upstairs mezzanine. Please like and follow us on FaceBook in order to receive information on service projects and club outings.
Networking Socials are created on the 2nd and 4th Thursday in order to bring club members and community members together. Every guest will have the opportunity to introduce themselves and their business, service, product or upcoming event. (bring lots of business cards; marketing swag welcomed) All proceeds raised are used to fund our Projects Fund.
*****Arrive before 6:30 to enjoy the venues Happy Hour and to mix and mingle.****
The Rotary Club of La Cantera is comprised of community and business leaders who come together to create positive, lasting change in our communities and around the world. We are part of Rotary International, an organization of over 1.4 million members united to do good in the world.
The Rotary Club of La Cantera will focus on women, mental health, arts and culture, and the less fortunate by supporting programs such as:
• WINGS, which gives uninsured women in South and Central Texas a fighting chance to beat breast cancer, by filling the vacuum that exists between detection and treatment.
• Avance-San Antonio, Inc., is a leading national non-profit organization working to transform
the lives of underserved, under-resourced families.
• CANELA, which is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Pennsylvania, USA and founded by a group of friends with long experience working in Latin America and Africa. Its mission is to support existing, well-proved educational projects for the formation of civic and spiritual values in Latin America and Africa.
through our PROJECTS FUND and quarterly fundraisers, which are open to all.
We expect our members to:
• Subscribe to the “Object of Rotary” and encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
o The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
o High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying by each Rotarian of his occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
o The application of the ideal of service by every Rotarian to his personal, business and community life;
o The advancement of international understanding, good will, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional individuals united in the ideal of service.
• Follow Rotary’s code of ethics, the Four Way Test of the things we think, say or do:
o First….Is it the truth?
o Second….Is it fair to all concerned?
o Third….Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
o Fourth….Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
• Become immediately involved in the club by:
o Attending one meeting a month, one service project a quarter, and
o Participating and donating in our PROJECTS FUND
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Bar Louie - La Cantera, 15900 La Cantera Parkway, San Antonio, United States
USD 10.00 to USD 20.00