Live DJ - Vintage Pop Up - Independent Businesses - Drinks
About this Event
Looking for an exciting and sustainable way to get new clothes? Our clothes swap event is the perfect way to shop eco-friendly whilst getting rid of your unwanted or unworn clothes. Come along to this unique shopping experience, featuring a live DJ, drinks and many small businesses to hunt for amazing new garms. Grab a drink with friends after you've finished swapping and shop from our Lockup Vintage pop stand or enjoy the live DJ.
How it works:
- Bring 5 - 15 items of clothing
- Registration begins from 11 - 11:45am, then start swapping from 11:45am till 3pm.
- We strongly encourage you to pre book your free ticket as we will only have a very small number of tickets on the door if we do not sell out in advance.
- On the door tickets on the day of the event are £2 per person.
- Please keep a record of your confirmation email for entry.
- You will have have a 45 minute arrival time slot to check in and grab a drink before the swap begins. Please be sure to arrive during this time slot for a quicker check in experience.
- You will receive a stamp for each item of clothing you bring. We grade items in two categories: High (designer, high end vintage) and Mid (high street, unbranded and everything else). Each 'high' item gets you two stamps and each 'Mid' item gets you one stamp. Use two stamps to redeem 'high' items or one stamp to redeem 'Mid' items.
- Browse all the rails and try on items whilst enjoying a live DJ, drinks and various stalls from small, sustainable businesses.
- Check out at the reception desk after you've finished swapping and have your stamp card updated.
- If you have spare stamps at the end you can bring them along to our next swap event.
- This event is in partnership with Locke Hotels and the local Manchester charity Mustard Tree.
What to bring:
- We accept all items of clothing, paired shoes and handbags.
- We ask you to bring minimum of 5 items and a maximum of 20 items
- We do not accept children's or baby clothes, underwear, swimwear and jewellery
- We accept all styles and sizes of clothing.
- Please only bring items that are in good, wearable condition.
- A reusable bag to take away your new items as we do not provide carrier bags
TIP: Organise your items into High and Mid categories before you arrive for a quicker check in experience
LOCATION: Whitworth Locke, Civic Quarter, 74 Princess St, Manchester M1 6JD
TRAVEL: 5 minute walk from Oxford Road Station, 10 minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly
Our location is wheelchair accessible
Did you know the the fashion industry is the second largest polluter in the world? Unfortunately three out of every five items of clothing will end up in landfill within a year of purchase. Clothes swap events are a great way to sustainably find new clothes without damaging the environment.
Please reach out on Instagram @lockup.vintage or email [email protected] with any questions you may have.
Please email [email protected] if you need assistance on the day of the event.
Please note: We cannot reimburse unused tickets
Please note: We will be photographing and documenting the event for use on our social media channels. If you do not wish to be photographed please let a team member know upon arrival.
Please note: Please only bring items you are happy to swap. Once you have donated an item to the swap you will not be able to change your mind. All garments remaining after the event will be donated to The Mustard Tree.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Whitworth Locke, Civic Quarter, 74 Princess Street, Manchester, United Kingdom