About this Event
Our Clinical Negligence team, and sponsors, Blume invite you to join us for this year’s annual conference at St George’s in Bristol, focused around the theme of Obstetrics.
This one-day conference will be chaired by Matthew Phillips KC and is designed for claimant and defendant clinical negligence lawyers of all seniority. All profit raised will be donated to Bliss, supporting parents and families of premature or sick babies.
Talks will be given by medicolegal experts from the fields of obstetrics, neonatology and midwifery and by barristers from the team.
The event will explore topics within the field of obstetrics, including birth injuries, antenatal and postnatal care, and delivery-related gynaecological injuries.
- Erb’s Palsy from the medical and legal perspective
- Prof Dimitrios Siassakos Consultant in Obstetrics at University College London and University College Hospital & Justin Valentine, Deputy Head of Clinical Negligence team, St John’s Chambers
- Neonatal hypoglycaemia
- Dr Jane Hawdon, Neonatologist
- Introduction to birth injury claims - Rob Mills, Deputy Head of Clinical Negligence team & Rhodri Jones, Barristers, St John’s Chambers
- Quantum in obstetrics claims
- Rachel Segal and Jimmy Barber, Barristers, St John’s Chambers
- Fetal monitoring
- Debbie Johnson, Midwife and Senior Lecturer in Midwifery, University of Greenwich
- Breach of duty in birth injury claims: tactics and pitfalls
- James Hughes and Lauren Karmel, Barristers, St John’s Chambers
- Causation in the delivery room or live legal debate
- James Marwick & Andrew McLaughlin, Barristers, St John’s Chambers
A full programme will be available shortly.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
St George's Bristol, Great George Street, Bristol, United Kingdom