About this Event
By registering for this training, you are hereby acknowledging that you have read and agree to the terms stated here: Media Consent and Consent Release Agreement.Check for Understanding Train the Trainer Workshop
Join members of the TLAC team to prepare to deliver excellent training on high impact techniques to Check for Understanding from Teach Like a Champion 3.0. This practice-intensive workshop provides instructional leaders with the tools to deliver high quality training and to drive results. Our in-person Train the Trainer workshops are two 8-hour days of training that include cycles of video study and reflection, technique study, and practice.
Check for Understanding Train the Trainer Objectives:
- To master key skills in gathering data, acting on the outcomes, and building a culture that values and embraces student error.
- To model the path by which you and your teachers can practice those skills until they become automatic.
WE WILL ANALYZE AND PRACTICE:
- On day one of our workshop, we will explore Lesson Preparation and Plan for Error, Gathering Data Through Observation, and Gathering Data Through Questioning.
- On day two of our workshop, we will study Culture of Error, Show Call, and Retrieval Practice and Durable Learning.
YOU WILL EXPERIENCE AND GAIN:
- An understanding of proven teaching skills that drive student achievement
- An understanding of the importance of practicing new techniques with teachers and a framework for what makes practice effective
- Practice activities that will strengthen teachers’ capacity to apply effective techniques in their classrooms
- The opportunity to plan how you will implement these techniques in your school’s professional development program
- A model for PD delivery that can be done remotely or in-person back at your campus
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Schools will have the option to purchase the Implementation Toolkit License. The school leader will receive a link to download copies of all workshop materials, as well as additional training materials, including:
- A full description of all techniques and practice activities covered in the training
- A fully scripted PowerPoint deck used in the workshop
- All video clips shown and talking points for each clip
- Additional clips with complete talking points
- Aligned coaching tools and other materials to maximize teacher development
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This workshop is a Train the Trainer model, which means we prepare instructional leaders and school leadership teams to deliver training on Teach Like a Champion techniques back at their schools. Schools typically send a team of two to five instructional leaders and teachers in order to have several key team members responsible for turnkeying the work back at their campuses.
- Training Fee: $1,000 per person for two full days of training
- Implementation toolkit license fee: $1,000 per school for materials (optional), with signed license agreement.
Central Station Hotel, 545 S. Main Street, Memphis, TN 38103
DATE AND TIME:
February 9th and 10th, 2023
8:00 am – 4:30 p.m. each day
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Central Station Hotel, 545 S. Main Street, Memphis, United States