About this Event
*It is necessary to register if you wish to attend due to workshop capacity*
YEAR 1-2 CCAs
If you are a clinician (FY2 equivalent or above) interested in becoming a CCA (formerly called OSCE) Examiner for Years 1-2 please contact us at [email protected].
YEARS 3-5 CCAs
If you are interested in examining for Years 3-5 CCAs, you must attend a PRIME CCA New Examiner workshops (dates and booking links below). To be eligible to book on to this training you must fulfil all of the following criteria:
– be post-FY2 level
– be based within our NHS partner organisations / affiliated General Practices and complete our PRIME CCA New Examiner workshops (delivered online via Zoom)
– be involved with teaching our students, for example, as a Clinical Placement Supervisor, or intend to in the near future
– commit to examining in at least one CCA in this academic year. All our clinical year CCAs take place at each of the four main Clinical Education Campuses, namely Salford Hospital, Royal Preston Hospital, MFT-Oxford Road and MFT-Wythenshawe.
By the end of the workshop you should be able to:
- Understand the role of CCA assessments in the Manchester MBChB Curriculum
- Understand the roles and responsibilities expected of CCA examiners
- Describe the biases that affect assessor judgements
- Assess CCA candidates and provide feedback using iPad marking
- Appropriately manage challenges that may arise when examining
- Take on the role of an CCA examiner
This workshop is part of a series of PRIME staff development workshops run by the University of Manchester - School of Medical Sciences. For further details and related workshops please see the PRIME website.
*Parking - Please park in Jurassic Staff carpark you should dial 291 5319 at the barrier and they will then lift the barrier to let you in.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Lecture Theatre 1, Education and Research Centre, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom