About this Event
Abbey Arts presents CATHEDRALS XXXII: The Milk Carton Kids, Haley Heynderickx
THE MILK CARTON KIDS: www.themilkcartonkids.com/
"The Milk Carton Kids' songcraft features some unique guitar-playing — unexpected melodic flourishes and notes that are densely packed and dissonant where you wouldn't expect them — that works in a really cool way." - NPR Music
HALEY HEYNDERICKX: https://www.haley-heynderickx.com/
"Heynderickx is the sort of virtuoso who puts her gifts toward making richer, more intricate, more deeply felt music" - Stereogum
"[Haley Heynderickx's] songs alternately shimmer with playfulness and shudder with earnestness; one moment, they take a magnifying glass to bemusing, mundane details, and the next, they pose startling existential queries." - Pitchfork
Live @ St Mark's Cathedral, Seattle
9/4/21(rescheduled from 5/16/20)
On Sale 6/25 (presale 6/22)
All ages, mostly seated
Bar w/ ID. Profits to charity (thanks to the generosity of our local sponsors)
CATHEDRALS CONCERTS SERIES
PRESENTED BY ABBEY ARTS, SEATTLE
An open floor concert experience, quiet picnics welcome. Seating available including chairs, benches, and some floor space around the stage area.
We recommend bringing cushions and even blankets if you'd like. Audience can sit or lay down anywhere around the stage as space allows (floor space is not reserved).
BASIC VENUE INFO:
St Mark's is ADA. Wheelchair seating area is to the left of stage near the front.(Email [email protected] with questions)
We are an all ages venue. Kids 10 & under are free at Abbey Arts events.**
Please refrain from talking or texting during the show
No cameras with audible shutters or audible sounds allowed.
Quiet picnics only, no outside alcohol allowed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------EVENT & VENUE INFO:
- Open seating except reserved front rows chairs & benches.
- To create a "giant living room" effect we offer an unusual concert experience with informal seating on the floor up front surrounding the stage and lots of pews, benches, and chairs around the space.
- We highly recommend you bring blankets and cushions to create a more comfortable experience whether sitting on the floor or seats. Quiet and non-messy snacks/picnics are allowed. No outside alcohol please.
- For best sound, arrive early for center floor area and any area on stage not marked with signage. You can also sit all around the back of the stage if you like but sound will be a bit limited there.
- Please silence all devices. Turn off vibrate, rings, etc. If you need your phone on vibrate for specific reasons, please keep it close to you and not on a hard surface that will distract your neighbor.
- If arriving late, please be advised that ushers may hold doors during each song due to acoustics of the space.
- Please refrain from talking during the show.
- Please enter quietly if the show has already begun.
- NO CAMERAS WITH MECHANICAL SHUTTERS (This goes for Press too unless approved to shoot during applause only.) That means silent digital cameras/photos are ok but we really recommend you enjoy most of the show through your own 'retina screens'.
- You probably get the idea, this isn't a loud party venue. :-)
- Anyone exhibiting loud or disruptive behavior during the event will be asked to leave.
**We are unable to provide a separate soundproof room for viewing this event. These shows are very very pin drop quiet so please consider that when deciding what ages are appropriate. No cry room available at this venue and even voices in the lobby will be heard in the concert space.
- Use #seattlecathedrals and tag @abbeyarts on Instagram or Facebook, @fremontabbey on Twitter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------ABOUT ABBEY ARTS, SEATTLE:
NONPROFIT 501C3, NON-RELIGIOUS, EST. 2005
Presenting welcoming music, arts & cultural experiences for people of all ages & incomes.
- We support low income families, veterans, and humanitarian nonprofit workers with free event tickets. http://www.fremontabbey.org/artsconnect
- Rental info & more: http://www.fremontabbey.org/rent
- Concert & events calendar: http://www.abbeypresents.org
- Respect policy: www.abbeypresents.org/respect
- Check out the Abbey Arts recent & future bands playlist on Spotify
Home Venue: Fremont Abbey, 4272 Fremont Ave North, Seattle, WA 98103 / 206-414-8325 Ballard Homestead: 6541 Jones Ave NW, Seattle | + UHeights Auditorium, St Mark's Cathedral, & more
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
St Mark's Cathedral, 1245 10th Ave E, Seattle, United States
USD 0.00 to USD 40.00