About this Event
We are offering guided walking tours of locations of interest on Capitol Hill on Saturday April 1. Reservations available through March 30 at 11:30 pm. Past demand has been high, with many tours selling out. So, if you want to go (and we hope you do!) don’t delay in confirming your plans. See details at chrs.org/guided-walking-tours-april-2023/.
If you can't attend this event, follow us on Instagram and on our website Capitol Hill Restoration Society for details about our organization and other events in the community.
Capitol Hill Restoration Society was founded 66 years ago to help preserve and protect the historic neighborhood’s architectural and residential character. Our mission has been, and continues to be, to uplift the community we live in through education, preservation, and events in celebration of the diverse community and history of the Hill.
- Notable People of Capitol Hill: See the homes of some of the many fascinating politicians, activists, artists, writers, and others who, from the early 19th-century to contemporary times, have made Capitol Hill their home. Curious to know where that famous Washington power couple, James Carville and Mary Matalin, made their nest and William Cody aka Buffalo Bill hung his hat? Your guide will show you. Tour begins at 1:30 pm on Saturday, April 1, and lasts about an hour. Starting location: Triangle park where Massachusetts Ave intersects with 9th and A Sts. NE – Please arrive 10 minutes before tour time.
- SE Capitol Hill Alleys: Capitol Hill has many hidden alleys and charming one-block streets. Take a trip back in time to eplore the workaday world of past residential and industrial uses and some of our most diverse populations. Tour begins at 1:30 pm on Saturday, April 1, and lasts between and hour and a half and two hours. Starting location: 233 12th St. SE – Please arrive 10 minutes before tour time.
- Our Industrial Past: It’s increasingly difficult to picture, but Capitol Hill was once home to many industrial and commercial operations including manufacturing, beer brewing, coal yards, and other now-vanished businesses. Visit these sites, many of which have been repurposed. Tour begins at 1:30 pm on Saturday, April1, and lasts about an hour. Starting location: 111 10th St. SE - Please arrive 10 minutes before tour time.
- Event starting locations are available on the website and are included above for reference. It will also be emailed to you.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your spam folder. if you still cannot find it, email [email protected] and include your phone number.
- Ticket sales are non-refundable, but can be transferred to another person. To transfer tickets, have the new person bring your original ticket confirmation with them on the day of the event. No need to contact us.
- Your ticket confirmation will detail what tour you are on, what day the tour is on, and what time the tour begins. Please plan to arrive 10 minutes before tour time as the guides will leave promptly.
- While we love all dogs big and small, we ask that you don’t bring your pup on the tour with you.
- These tours run rain or shine! We will reach out in the circumstance of inclement weather that could pose danger to the tour guide or attendees for reschedule dates.
- We will manage mask mandates or COVID19 restrictions based on the recommendations of the CDC and Mayor Bowser and in accordance with any laws in place in DC at the time.
- Your email address may be used only to contact you about future CHRS events or for feedback on this event. It is not sold or distributed in any way. If you have any issue with this, please reach out to us directly at [email protected]
- And if you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected] For problems during the tour, call 202.329.7864.
CHRS is run by volunteers. We are perfectly, imperfect humans who cross our T's and dot our I's but on occasion make a mistake. If you see an error, never hesitate to reach out and please let us know.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
See details section for each tour's starting location., Start locations also listed at CHRS.org, Washington, United States
USD 0.00 to USD 55.00