Guided hike, inspiration and wilderness tips
- for beginners and experienced adventurers
About this Event
We invite you to join Campfire, From Arctic Wilderness to Urban Nature - Guided hike, inspiration and wilderness tips
A collaboration between Fjällräven and the Scandinavian School and Cultural Center (SSCC).
This event is for all hikers - from beginners to advanced trekkers who wants to get inspiration for their next adventure or improve their wilderness skills.
Fjällräven San Fransisco team members and California outdoor guide Ian McNemar will lead you through the event that starts and finishes at Scandinavian School and Cultural Center's campus in San Francisco.
The Events Includes:
- Inspirational stories from Ian's hiking adventures around the US and ideas for your next hiking destination, whether locally in the Bay Area or further away.
- How to prepare for shorter day hikes or longer overnight trips. Get tips on what equipment will make your outdoor experiences more enjoyable and safe. Display of some of Fjällräven's newest collection of clothing and outdoor gear.
- Exhibition from the Arctic Wilderness, 20 teammates from across the globe, and a 300 km (185.6 miles) unforgettable journey. Do you have what it takes to apply for the Fjällräven 2024 Polar expedition?
- Healthy Snack Bar and sampling of food suitable for preparation in the outdoors
- Approximatly 1h hike and talk, where you'll get to explore the urban nature San Francisco has to offer right at our doorstep. Your guide Ian will talk about the local flora and fauna that you encounter and answer all your questions along the way.
All event participants have a chance to win some awesome prizes (value up to $200) for your next outdoor adventure.
This is event is suitable for hikers aged 10+y and up with their own ticket. Babies and younger children in carrier are welcome to join with a ticket-holding adult.
Event participation Waiver:
The SSCC reserves the right to take photos or video clips during the event that may be used in promotional material (including but not limited to printed materials, films about the school, slideshows, social media and the SSCC`s website) for the SSCC. With registering to this event, I give my consent to the SSCC to include my picture in said promotional materials without any compensation to me.
With registering to this event, we understand that there are risks involved (such as, but not limited to, injuries due to falling indoors or outdoors, choking hazards, allergic reactions), and we release and hold harmless the SSCC and it's personnel and volunteers as well as it's landlord from any claims for bodily injury or death or damage to personal property due to such risks, except to the extent caused by the SSCC or the SSCC Personnel’s grossly negligent acts or omissions. In addition, we agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, the SSCC Personnel, from any claims for bodily injury or death or damage to personal property due to our negligent acts or omissions.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
511 Laguna Honda Blvd, 511 Laguna Honda Boulevard, San Francisco, United States
USD 20.00 to USD 100.00