About this Event
A central part of the annual National Construction Summit, the Building Materials & Innovation Expo will focus on advances in design and build techniques, manufacturing and materials, along with the development of non-traditional methods of construction in order to boost productivity.
The Building Innovation Expo will look at the benefits for the construction industry in employing some of the emerging digital technologies such as AI (Artificial Intelligence), Blockchain, Big Data and Cloud, as well as using new materials like Graphene. Other technologies and construction techniques being covered at the event include:
* Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), which are changing the way projects are designed and then reviewed by clients;
* 3D and 4D Modelling, which can aid construction design and scheduling;
* Drones/UAVs to speed up site surveillance and improve on-site safety;
* BIM, which allows for the creation and management of digital information across the design and construction lifecycle to improve collaboration, efficiency of construction as well as final cost of the building cost and its future performance;
* Offsite and Modular Construction, which provides a sustainable and more efficient construction model;
* Green/Sustainable Construction, which considers all aspects of the construction process including design, the materials and technologies used, and the energy resource efficiency of the finished building;
* 3 D Printing, which can substantially reduce construction waste and improve building efficiency.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Sport Ireland: National Indoor Arena, Snugborough Road, Dublin, Ireland