About this Event
The Brain & Body Exercises for Seniors aim to slow down the onset of dementia and to reduce falls caused by frailty. Inspired by the programme designed in Japan, this is a dual-task exercise programme to help seniors stay physically and mentally well. Keep yourself active and healthy, and make new friends along the way!
Dual-task exercises are activities where the individual performs a physical and a mental task. An example would be stepping on the spot and counting out loud. This stimulates the parts of the brain responsible for physical movement coordination and cognitive functions.
Evidence has shown that dual-task exercises have more beneficial effects than single-task exercises.
- Each ticket allows you to attend the sessions on a weekly basis at the selected time slot.
- You must bring your own water bottle & towel. No drinking water & food shall be provided at our centre.
- Do not attend if you feel unwell, have coughs or a cold, even if you do not have a fever.
- Payments are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- If the senior needs help physically, the helper/family member can join FOC.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Brahm Centre @ Tampines, Blk 473 Tampines St 43, Singapore, Singapore