About this Event
Join us for a weekend of crafting fun as we meet back in Charlotte, NC September 9-11, 2022, for our annual Black Girls Craft Conference & Expo at the Charlotte Convention Center!
Here is what you can expect this year:
EXPO ONLY PASS ($40)
- Access to the expo on both days.
- Live demos from artisans where you will see first hand how they create their art!
- Tons of prizes and giveaways!
- Make & Take Craft Stations that will allow for a hands on experience with some of your favorite crafters.
- Shop with vendors who sell handmade products and textiles.
- Panel discussions with craft influencers where we will discuss topics such as taking your craft to the next level, how to create digital designs and more!
- Through our partnership with The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority, local restaurants will welcome our attendees with specials, discounts and hosting meet ups! This is your chance to connect with fellow knitters, sewists, crocheters and more.
- You will receive and official 2022 Conference Swag Bag
CONFERENCE PASS ($149)
If you’re looking for an all inclusive weekend experience, register for the CONFERENCE PASS. In addition to the 2 day expo you will have access to:
Crafting After Dark (included with conference pass) Join us Friday, September 9, 2022 from 7pm-10pm at the Charlotte Convention Center for our signature Crafting After Dark where you will mix and mingle with fellow crafters while enjoying music, craft stations and so much more!
Workshops This year, your CONFERENCE PASS includes the option of taking up to 3 workshops a day (based on availability). Workshops will take place in BGC University and run multiple times throughout the weekend.
- Art of Card Making
- Intro to Sewing
- Advanced Sewing Techniques
- Candle Making
- DIY Spa (learn how to make bath bombs and soaps!)
***More workshops may be added at a later date.***
If there is a workshop or live demonstration you’re interested in, please email us at [email protected]
Live demo's will be ongoing on the Michaels stage throughout the day. Seating is first come first serve.
Artisan Showcase at The Harvey B. Gantt Center (starts @ $49+)
Saturday evening will be a night to remember as we mix and mingle while enjoying the works of African American Artisans from the community at The Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture.
General Admission - $49
- One Drink Ticket
- Hors d'oeuvres
VIP Admission - $129
- Rooftop Access & Open Bar
- Hors d'oeuvres
- Artist, Influencer Meet & Greet
- Official BGC farewell gift
A portion of the proceeds will be contributed to a local non-profit organization.
If you want to be a vendor, please click the link below to secure your booth.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please send an email to [email protected]
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Charlotte Convention Center, 501 South College Street, Charlotte, United States
USD 40.00 to USD 149.00