About this Event
Our partner, Casa Foundation is excited to host the annual Friends of Africa (FOA2023) Economic Summit. We look forward to welcoming a global community of influencers to FOA 2023. (Summit is Hybrid). More details below
The global pandemic has had devastating effects worldwide. The impact of the pandemic in Africa has been challenging, with increased strains on local institutions and economies. African Development Bank (AfDB) projects a gradual recovery of the global economy, characterized by slow growth, and in GDP in Africa by end of 2023.
The 13th annual FOA Summit will be organized as a Hybrid experience from October 3rd to 7th, 2023. The sessions on the 3rd-4th October will be virtul, while the sessions on the 6th-7th October, 2023 will be in person.
Live viewing will be available for Registered delegates from outside Canada as well.
FOA Economic Summit Agenda
- 3rd October, 2023- 1 on 1 Advisory, Peer to Peer
- 4th October, 2023 - Prep Pitch Presentation (online)
- 4th October, 2023- Prep Pitch presentation (online)
- 5th October, 2023- Pitch presentation starts (online)
- 6th October, 2023- Pitch presentation continues (in person)
- 6th October, 2023- Job Fair + Professional meetings starts (in-person)
- 7th October, 2023- FOA Business Marketplace Opens (in-person)
- 7th October, 2023- FOA Job Placements (in-person)
- 7th October, 2023- FOA Panels, Roundatbles, Keynotes (in-person)
- 7th October 2023- FOA Grant Awards, Pitch Winners, B2Bs (in-person)
- 7th October, 2023- Gala -After Party/Networking
FOA is a Global platform that promotes economic development opportunities in emerging markets and connects startup businesses in the Diaspora a forum to pitch their ideas to investors and partners.
What should I Expect at FOA Summit ?Keynote addressPanel discussionsFireside chat Pitch presentation*Workshops Business Showcase: Marketplace & Products
Delegates:Government of Canada Government of Ontario Government of AlbertaGovernments from African CountriesOrganization of Women in international Trade Diasporan Associations and Represenative Groups Professional Organizations Canadian Chambers of Commerce Canadian Boards of TradeColleges and Universities from Difference Countries Canandian Financial Institutions Diplomatic Embassies in Canada Private Sector CorporationsWomen-led Groups Youth Initiatives Small and Medium Enterprises Non-Profit Organisations
* Pitch Presentation is for EP Incubator/Academy Startups. Candidates present their business ideas to Judges for an opportunity to win Cash Grants of C$5,000-$10,000. Signup for practice session on: www.entrepreneurspoint.com
FOA: Where Ideas meet Opportunities.
Check out the Above Roll Call of Global Speakers at FOA 2021 Summit
FOA 2023 (13th Edition) promises even a greater Roll Call of Impactful Spekers.
Save your Spot.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, Canada
CAD 0.00 to CAD 160.00