About this Event
Mondays - October 23, 30, November 5, 13 5:30-8:00 p.m.
Art Gym Denver - 1460 Leyden St. Denver, CO 80220
Have you always wanted to paint watercolors? Do you already paint watercolors, but feel like your paintings are dull? Do you wish you had better control over the medium?
As an artist who has been painting with watercolor for over a decade, I know the joys and challenges of watercolor.
I started my art journey with watercolor because it's the most accessible medium. The materials are portable, I can do it at my kitchen table, and they're less expensive that other mediums. However, I soon learned that even though watercolor may seem simple, it can definitely be a challenge.
When I started, my paintings were boring, monotone, and honestly a little sad. Then everything clicked and I was finally able to create paintings I'm proud of and joy making. I've won awards, exhibit my work nationally, and even demonstrated at the Denver Art Museum.
I created this Beginning Watercolor class so you can make paintings you're proud of, too.
- Learn watercolor painting techniques so you can paint the effects you want.
- Understand the science behind watercolor painting so you can avoid pitfalls and troubleshoot inevitable "mistakes."
- Dive into color theory to bring harmony to your artwork.
- Learn the importance of value and composition so you can create interesting, dynamic paintings.
- Explore your unique style to fully express yourself in your artwork.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Art Gym Denver, 1460 Leyden Street, Denver, United States