About this Event
Our baby block series dives into building a relationship with your new born that centers around building language, supporting social emotional learning and connecting with your baby.
Each series gives caregivers everyday tips to incorporate into their routines to enhance their child’s language development.
Welcome to "Little Babies Big Feelings"
This series is all about
Social Emotional Learning for both caregivers and children. In this series caregivers are given the opportunity to explore and learn about their own emotions, try out strategies to reduce adult stress. The series explores the big emotions our children feel and how to incorporate strategies to support our children in understanding their emotions and develop tools to regulate them. The series bridges the relationship between social emotional learning and
Session 1 Objectives: 10/11
- Learn to identify your own feelings as parents
- Learn how to identify a variety of different types of emotions.
- Learn regulating strategies you can use in your every day life.
Session 2 Objectives: 10/18
- Learn the importance of a healthy Social Emotional relationship with your baby.
- To build emotional vocabulary with your baby by attaching language to your babies feeling.
- Discover Social Emotional Milestones for you and your baby.
Session 3 Objectives: 10/25
- Learn about Calm Down Strategies
- Build Calm Down Strategies for big emotions
- Gain Kid Friendly Calm down resources to help you practice no matter where you are.
Session 4 Objectives: 11/01
- Learn how the 7 Senses connects with your every day emotions.
- Learn new "calm down" strategies that support your emotions.
- Learn about Sensory Regulation and discover helpful activities to support your senses.
Hosted by Harlem Health Action Center and led by LiteracyInc NYC.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
East Harlem Neighborhood Health Action Center, 158 East 115th Street, New York, United States