About this Event
So, you’re eager to learn more about nursing at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons you should attend our biggest engagement day of the year…
- You’ll have a unique opportunity to network the nurses, matrons, and senior staff delivering healthcare across the Southwest, and learn more about our Trust through presentations delivered by our teams.
- You’ll tour our £450 million Brunel Building, and take a look at our wards, Medirooms, and Theatres, in which we achieve excellent outcomes including some of the highest trauma survival rates in the country in ICU and operate as a Major Trauma Centre.
- You'll have the opportunity to take part in free professional development seminars earning CPD participatory hours for Revalidation
- You could walk away with an interview and job offer on the same day, as we schedule afternoon interview slots with various teams.
- Once you’re here for our engagement day, you’ll learn our Trust itself is pioneering, progressive and proud. For example…
- Our health and wellbeing initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA.
- Our nurses do not shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations. We also support internal transfers for those who wish to gain experience in a new specialty or further develop their skills.
- Our staff are consulted on equity issues across the Trust within equality and development groups and are given the mentoring and support to succeed. Our Trust supports the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people.
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes. Our city boasts a wide range of state-of-the-art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, and excellent transport links.
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
An experienced Student, Newly qualified or experienced Nurse, ODP or Midwife with the passion and talent to progress clinically and professionally and eager to learn more about our trust?
An experienced Student, Newly qualified or experienced Nurse, ODP or Midwife eager to channel your experience into a new and exciting role and keen to discover what our engagement days have to offer?
An experienced Student, Newly qualified or experienced Nurse, ODP or Midwife interested in finding out about flexible working options via our NBTeXtra Nursing bank?
Yes, that’s me!
When is the event ?
Date: Saturday 15th October
Start time: 09.00
Finish time: 16.00
Location: Learning and Research Building, Southmead Hospital, Southmead Road, Bristol. BS10 5NB.
Want to keep up to date with event announcements? Follow us on social media to join in the conversation - search @NBTNursing on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Southmead Hospital, Southmead Road, Bristol, United Kingdom