This course introduces you to the beauty of the meditative Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga practice. You will learn the fundamentals of the practice of Ashtanga Yoga as taught in Mysore, India. You will learn:
- The dynamic Surya Namaskara (sun salute) sequence, which links yoga postures and conscious breathing to create a meditative flow.
- The beginnings of the primary series of Ashtanga Yoga, which is designed to detoxify the body through a profuse sweat.
- The heating and cleansing breathing practice specific to Ashtanga Yoga (ujjayi pranayama).
- The stabilising internal muscular locks (bandhas) which help us to balance strength with flexibility in the body and to create stability in the abdomen and lower back.
- The gaze points (drishtis) for each posture which provide a point of awareness and focus throughout the practice to aid concentration and mental stillness.
Cost: $120 (+ a free pass value $22).
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
The Yoga Space Perth, Australia, 6/79 Colin St, Perth, Australia