About this Event
Starts: May 18th, 2024
Our philosophy is based in tradition. The subject of yoga is vast and worthy of a lifetime of learning. An established personal practice is the most important foundation for the yogi’s journey. You will join a comprehensive program aimed at preparing you for a journey into the dimension of Ashtanga Yoga – as a life style, a world view and potentially a profession.
You will complete this course prepared to continue the art of learning along this ancient path. You will learn the Vinyasa counts and technical foundation for key asanas of the primary Series in their original context. Tim Feldmann, Kino MacGregor and Miami Life Center present a roster of teachers who dedicate their lives to the spiritual practice of yoga. The intention is to provide the students with an education, not with a certification. Only Sharath Jois & Ashtanga Yoga Institute in Mysore, India, can grant you an official certification or authorization to teach Ashtanga Yoga.
What can I expect?
- Be firmly established in a personal Mysore Style Ashtanga Yoga practice
- Have a solid grasp of the fundamental yoga asanas of Ashtanga Yoga
- Understand how anatomy and physiology relate to yoga practice
- Understand how to look at students’ bodies on a physical and an energetic level
- Draw upon basic knowledge of the subtle body and yoga philosophy
- Have a basic understanding of the art of pranayama
- Learn the traditional counted Sanskrit Vinyasa system
- Learn instruction for safe technique and alignment
- Through yogas experience-based approach, you will also experience first-hand the transformative physical, mental, and spiritual effects of an intelligent yoga practice.
- Study important texts of classical yoga.
Completion of this course and successful testing of material is compliant with Yoga Alliance RYT 200 hr standards.
An application is required for those interested in attending the Miami Life Center Ashtanga Practitioner's Intensive.
Please visit our website to learn more about our 200-hour, 300-hour and Online Options, And submit an application for the course you would like to attend.
API 200-hour In-Person
API 300-hour Hybrid
API 200-Hour Online
For more information please visit:
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Miami Yoga Garage, 1940 NW Miami Ct, Miami, United States